Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Virgin CM Reaing Experience

Which of CM's novels is the best for a new reader to read first?
Practical Demonkeeping
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Coyote Blue
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Bloodsucking Fiends
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Island of the Sequined Love Nun
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Lamb
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Fluke
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stupidiest Angel
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
A Dirty Job
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
derreka

Virgin CM Reaing Experience  Reply with quote  

OK here is another opinion poll (no I do NOT work for Gallop). I ran into an old friend who is an avid fiction reader but believe it or not she has not yet read a single CM book!! Which book would you recommend that I she should read first (well ok..I admit I am going to let her borrow the book from my collection just to get her hooked after that she pays streetprice just like all the other addicts I swear!!!)? Very Happy

Last edited by derreka on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

It depends on the reader. The beginning is a good place to start but anywhere would be fine, too. If you can match her interests with one of the books that might be good. I made my goth cousin start with BSF and he fell in love and read all the books in about three months. Just get your friend hooked and he rest will follow.

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Vahlee

I'll think she'll get the most out of them reading them in the order that they were written - that way she can get some of the 'inside' jokes.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

Do you have them all? Just let her pick which one she would like the best. I usually let people pick out of two, and one of them usually is Lamb. Or I ask: "Do you like Vampires? Jesus? Whales?" to kind of get an idea what they would like.

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Click

I would suggest Lust Lizard. Easy to read. Funny as hell, and a lot of fun. You meet many of the characters and the AG has begun to flesh them out. Overall, one of the best "introductory" books.

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
derreka

Looks like Demonkeeping was the close favorite followed closely by BS Fiends and Lamb. In case anyone is interested here is how I suggested that she read them after she devourered Demonkeeing in one weekend:

2. Lust Lizard
3. Angel (to complete the Pine Cove Trilogy)
4. BS Fiends
5. Love Nun
6. Coyote Blue
7. Fluke
8. Lamb (Blue/Fluke/Lamb I consider his Spriitual Trilogy)
9. Dirty Job

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: