Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

His Nineness Thanks You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vahlee

*does the happy dance*

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

N9Ne oh, is the magic number - yeah it is - the magic number.

N9ne is one of my favorite numbers for various reasons. Congrats! That's really exciting.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

It is an honor to be in your presence, your nineness.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Congratulations, AG. Many happy returns. Smile

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

Okay, was it just me or was he talking to me when he said "it's all you." I mean, that would prove it, right? It is all about me!!!

Congratulations Chris! All hail the great AG!

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lynn

Chris, it's all you. I think it's spectacular that you write books so good that most of us would buy them even if you were a total jerk. And instead of being a total jerk, you show up at these events and try and remember our names through the Ambien haze.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Taco Bob

Quote:
Dirty Job on the New York Times bestseller list -- debuted at #9 this week.

YEEEESS!!!

I shore hate to say I told you so, but.....

I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! I told you so!
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Klari wrote:
Okay, was it just me or was he talking to me when he said "it's all you." I mean, that would prove it, right? It is all about me!!!
/me slaps Klari, once in each of her anagrammatic permutations.

Smile

taco bob wrote:
I told you so!
You sure did. Full credits to ya!

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Quote:
Chris, it's all you. I think it's spectacular that you write books so good that most of us would buy them even if you were a total jerk. And instead of being a total jerk, you show up at these events and try and remember our names through the Ambien haze.

No No Lynn...It's not like that. His nineness is telling it like it is! Laughing

lisa

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:21 am   
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Onward indeed!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Author Guy!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

All hail his nineness.

Now we shall commerate this day with The Dance of The Divas. Ladies, don your boas

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Ginjg wrote:
All hail his nineness.

Now we shall commerate this day with The Dance of The Divas. Ladies, don your boas

Check. Smile

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ted J

Congrats Chris.

*bows nine times to the AG*

From Wikipedia:
"Nine was considered to be a sacred number by the ancients and was consequently not assigned a numerical equivalent to any letter in the Chaldean alphabet. It represents change, invention and growth which springs forth from inspiration. Nine is the humanitarian. Nine has traditionally held esoteric significance which is evidenced by the fact that it takes nine calendar months to bring a baby into the world from its initial conception. There is a hidden aggressive connotation since the number nine was sacred to the Norse, an arguably aggressive culture."

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Originally posted by TheatreCrazyRedhead:
[quote]You could easily just lurk on your boards and soak up all the adoration, but you don't. You come down to the trenches with us and genuinely enjoy us. Being the cynical human I am, any author/musician/artist/entertainer who personally responds to an email...within an hour...is special. And you are special.[/quote]

I'll vouch for that. The AG is very generous with his time in responding to the few things I've written to him. One wonders -- might the AG be capable of occupying more than one body at the same time, so as to be able to communicate with us so copiously, and write great fiction at the same time?

Hmm... Co-incarnation... Wink

Last edited by mllefifi on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheatreCrazyRedhead

Ginjg wrote:
All hail his nineness.

I'm allergic, but anything for the AG!

Chris, I concur with Lynn. In my business you meet a lot of jerks. You could easily just lurk on your boards and soak up all the adoration, but you don't. You come down to the trenches with us and genuinely enjoy us. Being the cynical human I am, any author/musician/artist/entertainer who personally responds to an email...within an hour...is special. And you are special.

Congrats and let's get that book higher on the list!!

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: