Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

His Nineness Thanks You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
stackyroo42

WooHoo!  Reply with quote  

You rule AG!
I'll keep reading them if you keep writing them.
Cheers.

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sean

Joelibris wrote:
Anyone else get it? His Nineness' NINTH book, debuts at number NINE on the list. Hmmm, a good omen perhaps?

Not if it means his tenth book will debut at number 10.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

who knows if thats the correlation...perhaps when "Bite Me" book 10, comes out, Chris will be transported to 1980 have have hot steamy nookie with Bo Derek, star of the movie "10"(and it ain't cheatin', as AG didn't know Charlee in '80). Or maybe it'll sell 10 million copies. Who knows?

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Naked and Famous

Congratulations your nineness! My homegirls and I are glad to help boost you up there.

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JulieB

Congrats your nineness. Smile

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Taco Bob

Joelibris wrote:
Yup. I mentioned that on page one of this topic, but all i got was a Gaiman/Pratchett joke...

oops! Embarassed heh heh

uh, did anyone notice that not only is A Dirty Job #9, but that the AG has over 9 fingers!

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

gracie wrote:
and teeth!

He has at least nine teeth is really what you should say. I notice these kinds of things.

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
derreka

Nine has ALWAYS been my favorite number. I knew CE was becoming mainstream when I seen copies of "The Stupidest Angel" selling at the local south county Schnucks Supermarket. If you are from St. Louis, you would know just how incrediblly mainstream that is! Very Happy
Anyway. Congrats AG! My next favoritest number is 4 so here's hoping but of course #1 is everyone's favorite (except maybe Avis).

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Taco Bob wrote:

uh, did anyone notice that not only is A Dirty Job #9, but that the AG has over 9 fingers!

but lets hope its not over eleven! 'course, with the extra filanges, the AG could write, like, 3 books a year!

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dave S.

So, I just finished "A Dirty Job"  Reply with quote  

AG, I was going to email you a hearty "Thank You" but here seems like a good place for it. First off, congrats on hitting number nine! Top 10 NYTBS! WooooHoooo! Dude, take a freakin' bow. Seriously.

But what I really wanted to say is Thank You! Thank You for all the great stories! I love ALL your books, but I've gotta tell ya, I haven't been this tickled reading one of yours since "Lust Lizard"! I'm not sure but, "A Dirty Job" might be a new favorite for me. I'll have to let it sink in over time to figure that out but man o manishevitz what a great book! Again, thanks so much AG! Your books always make me do a little dance of joy and I need that every once in a while.

Enjoy the rest of your tour, sorry I'll miss ya this time (Can't make it, I'll be on the other side of the globe) but please come to Philly again, I'll make sure to be there next time...

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Click

Congrats, AG. I was going to say, Nice job, but I guess it really is a "dirty job." Now...lets get one of those fancy-schmancy literary awards. Nothing less than TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION! MOORONS UNITE!

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sean

derreka wrote:
Nine has ALWAYS been my favorite number.

9 has always been half of my favorite number . . . the second half.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
Dave

Go, Chris!!! Er.. Go, His Nineness!!!

Amazon is saying you're at #129 on their sales rankings today - up from #179 yesterday.. Very Happy

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:37 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

[quote="Joelibris"]who knows if thats the correlation...perhaps when "Bite Me" book 10, comes out, Chris will be transported to 1980 have have hot steamy nookie with Bo Derek, star of the movie "10"(and it ain't cheatin', as AG didn't know Charlee in '80). Or maybe it'll sell 10 million copies. Who knows?[/quote]

Or go further back to the 10 Commandments... When CM writes his 12th book, he might have to go back to the early Soviet era to deal with "The Twelve Chairs."

At least right now with "A Dirty Job," it would be just much simpler to go from "9 to 5." (I've been listening to Dolly Parton lately for some reason...)

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
kennyjb

So I go out of town for a few days and THIS happens? Shocked

Well crap! I guess this means Chris isn't just "our little secret" anymore. Very Happy

Congrats, AG!!

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: