Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Arrangements: Detroit/Birmingham MI Signing & Dinner
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

Arrangements: Detroit/Birmingham MI Signing & Dinner  Reply with quote  

I could have sworn this got posted earlier today, but it seems to have gone afley. Advance apologies if this is a duplicate.

The Detroit signing is at the Birmingham MI Borders, 34300 Woodward, Birmingham, MI. Easiest way to get there for most of us is 696 to Woodward, go north. Borders is about 1/4 mile past 14 Mile, on the right. They are doing the sorted-by-ticket color bit, so I'm going to stop by early and pick up 9 tickets for me, FattyFattyPorkFace, disco, Goudron + wife + son, DanaMichelle, Becky and her husband (Becky and husband are still tentative). If you're attending and are not on that list, please let me know by posting here or PM me.

I have a reservation for 6 at 4:00 at Papa Vino's Italian Kitchen, 1317 Coolidge Hwy, Troy, MI (248-458-0642). The simplest directions to get there seem to be go as if you were going to Borders, but pass it and watch for West Maple. Turn right on W. Maple. Take Maple to Coolidge Highway, turn right. The only committed diners so far are me and Jeff. Again, post here or PM me if you're coming - I can up the reservation if we're getting more than 6.

If you'd like to see the tentative attendees pictures, look here.

Last edited by sgt_steve on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Steve, do you want me to follow you up there or I could drive (my car seats 5 including myself driving)?

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Why don't I pick you up around 3:00. That'll give us time to hit Borders, pick up the tickets, and then make the resturaunt at 4:00.

BTW, I have Hustle season3 eps 2-4 if you'd like them. And the missing Wonderfalls disk.

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

sgt_steve wrote:
Why don't I pick you up around 3:00. That'll give us time to hit Borders, pick up the tickets, and then make the resturaunt at 4:00.

BTW, I have Hustle season3 eps 2-4 if you'd like them. And the missing Wonderfalls disk.

Oooooo Smile

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
disco

I will definitely be at the signing, and I'm planning on meeting you at the restaurant at 4, barring anything unforeseen.

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Cool. Still room for more for dinner...

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

Oops I PM'd before I saw this. Ignore the PM. We 3 will plan on being there at 4 as well. Thanks Grand Poobah of signing organization. I just made that up. The creative juices are flowing. Never mind, they've clotted back up Smile

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Laveric

I will see you all at the signing. Sadly i will not be able to have dinner with you as I am trying to get everyone I know to go and suspect it may involve kidnapping... Or at least bribary. As for a pic.... Sadly I am lazy, You could probably spot me by my long hair and 6'4" stature... i think i will leave measures of my girth alone. Then again there is always the fact I will be carrying all my Moore books... but I suppose that wont be too helpful.

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

We'll be easy to spot, Laveric. Look for the group of 5 or more that has one guy about your height, one 6" guy in black beret, and a smaller guy with green hair. If there's more than one group like that, join one and tell 'em about the other - if there's more than one of us, we want to know.

I'll grab a ticket for you so you can hang with our group.

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Laveric

I figure I can probably spot you steve. No clue how many of my friends will be there, but I know I am in all black, my gf is wearing a bright orange shirt that says "Way psyched" on it (she is around 5'9") and two of my more non-descript friends. Sadly seems many of the people I know are being punks and working... How dare they not show respect to his nineness.

If I find two groups matching that description I would be amazed... but not too amazed, after all we all read Chris' books. Very Happy

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Sorry I missed you Laveric. Disco spotted you, but didn't share the experience with the rest of us. We berated him accordingly.

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

A good time was had by all. At least two lurkers were discovered and outed. Many photos were taken. Silly conversations ran rampant. Chris was funny and touching. A rather amazing number of books were signed. The shirt of Robb has many new signatures. Cheesy goldfish crackers were consumed. Beer and pop were drunk before, scotch and martinis aftwards.

I'll be doing more of a writeup after a nights sleep and (with luck) some additional photos courtesy of Disco and Goudron. Many thanks to all who came, and to Chris for, well, being Chris.

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

Yes, it was a very fun day. Sorry we didn't stay for the scotch and martinis. We arrived home before the dog peed on the floor, so I guess we could have stayed for a bit longer, but I'm not sure she'd have appreciated it Very Happy MRs. Goudron is in charge of the pictures, and I'll bug her accordingly. Lovely meeting you all.

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Laveric

Sorry I did not have a chance to hang out and talk. Wrangling friends (especially when they drove bcause their car fits in those small spots at borders) did not leave me a chance to chat. Apparently Everyone wanted to take off the moment they got their books signed. Oh, well. Had I known we were goign to the Baker's Square around the corner befor calling it a night I would have told you all to go and have pie. Smile

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Laveric

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Sorry I missed you Laveric. Disco spotted you, but didn't share the experience with the rest of us. We berated him accordingly.

Lol, didn't figure I stood out too much... except maybe in the amount of books and the shirt to sign.

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: