Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Screen Names
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lauren

Screen Names  Reply with quote  

We're a bit of an odd little community, as so many of us just use our given names when we post instead of a screen name, but I'm going to expand my question beyond your board presence so everyone can play.

Where does your screen name come from? This can be your name here, your IM name, something funky in your e-mail address, whatever you feel like sharing.

My IM and ICQ name is zillahii - it's ancient, from back when I first read Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite. The "ii" is just because plain ol' zillah was taken, and I copied a friend who had used ii instead of a number after his name.

Much more common for me nowadays is falconesse, partly from one of my White Wolf characters who had these really cool falcon tattoos, and partly because if I ever have the time/money, I'd love to take up falconry. Right now I'm just a wannabe falconer, though, reading what I can about it and oohing and aahing over raptor exhibits at King Richard's Faire in the fall. Sad And I just thought "falconesse" sounded cool.

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
whitewavedarling

"whitewavedarling" is pretty much my sn for everything, instant messenger, and email. Jennifer (my name), is derived from Guinevere, and both mean whitewave in celtic. and then darling is what collins means in old english. so basically, i just fooled around with name dictionaries til i found something i liked lol...

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hillary

Jezebel . . . my screenname EVERYWHERE else. Named after the dog. She's so freakin' cute.

Lazyjade is my lesser used screenname, because . . . well, I'm lazy, and I've been accused of being jaded.

So there you go.

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan

I use the screen name Demoncatch on everything.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:01 am   View user's profile Send private message
seamus

Seamus comes from my Irish period in college, which pretty much consisted of drinking whiskey, smoking pot (it's green) and listening to the pogues.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:18 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

I stole Lulu (with a random number appended) from Lara because I didn't want to use my real name in one particular place that shall remain unnamed on the remote chance that someone who posts here also frequents that other site. Lulu seemed fitting for the setting. I used to think my own name was unique or at least unusual spelled that way, but I've found it already taken sometimes when I try to use it. Go figure. Then again, maybe I already signed up in those places and just forgot. Very Happy

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Katie

My email is cornettokid. I play a renaissance instrument called the cornetto, so that's pretty self explanitory. My IM is RoguesMasque. Someday I hope to have a renfaire type folk group. You know, a little folk, a little filk. It almost happened this year, and that was the name. I've also used the name Blackeye Susan on some pirate themed boards. That's my pirate character when I'm hanging with the crew of the Merry Wastrel. My avatar is actually a picture of her. I use another name for writing which I will not share. I have this fear that people will connect my cheesy fiction writing back to me. It hasn't helped this year that all my profs have said if you're going to write fiction or humor, use a pseudonym. That kind of writing could mess up your career. I hate stuffy academic types.
*^_^*
Katie

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:44 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lynn

I use eunomia16 for a couple of my email addresses. Eunomia was one of the three hours in Greek mythology. She represented harmony. The 16 was simply how old I was when I started using that screenname. I've been thinking about switching a few over to Princess Jemmy or some variant thereof. Most people here know where that comes from, though.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tal

Tal is short for Talon. Its a nickname that I've carried for about 16 years now stemming from my days with the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). I got the nickname because I was a pretty good swordsman and would frequently use a dirk in my offhand. I got very quick at raking with that dirk (a practice one, not the real thing) and taking opponents out of the melee. I use either Tal or Tal125 all over the net except my site where I am the Pumpkin King. But thats because I'm a Halloween Phreak. Wink

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lara

That explains a lot...  Reply with quote  

Sara Leigh stealing my moniker sure does explain the IM's I've been getting from random strangers.

LuLu gets brought out once in a while when I'm going to be rude and/or raunchy. I brought her back out of hiding (I had to stop my meds in order to do so) when my rancor towards Tito had to be channeled into more tolerable emotions.

I started using the name LuLu when I lived in LA and spent time with some people who liked to frequent rather, er- um, well, risque parties and clubs. In order for me to feel comfortable (and explore my wild side) I beat my head against a wall until a lesser known aspect of my personality came to the surface. Her name was Lulu and she wore a purple wig and thigh high boots and carried a riding crop.

Now, she hosts a radio show and doesn't wear leather anymore but she does carry a riding crop from time to time. She can't fit into her old thigh highs and hasn't seen the inside of a night club for going on four years but she does enjoy posting once in a while.

I am glad Sara's been taking her out once in a while... Twisted Evil

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Robb

About 15 years ago a friend of mine shoved a book under my nose and told me "This is you!" I have been Chuin ever since. Basically it comes from the Destroyer series and from the move Remo Williams. I feel alot more like Remo than Chuin although there are day when I feel like I'm 100. My icon is Chuin himself. I post on a few other boards as Chuin or Master Chuin. I think I got it because A: I'm a martial artist, nowhere in the same level as Sinanju but everyone needs a goal right? and B: because I have a very strange point of view.

My Yahoo name is Oneeyedwolf32 because basically I tend to be wolf like in alot of respects and I have one working eye. 32 is how old I was when I created it. Besides they wouldn't accept Chuin. Ignorant pale pieces of pigs ears that they were.

Lately Chuin occupies the place in the back of my head where all good advice comes from. Basically the little voice that comes out when you are about to screw up. Stuff like "Idiot, you move like a pregnant yak! Straighten your elbow." Things like that.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spike

Do I need to say anymore. Although I am female, let me say that straight off.

I never use my real name because I have been stalked about four times in my life, and it's not a pretty experience so I am very wary about anyone learning anything about me.

Okay I don't know how to shrink the picture, or else I would!

Most people who know me via the net know me as Spike, the female vampire!

It's all fun.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John

I go by the name Hachiman a lot on the web. Hachiman is the Shinto god of war. I picked this for a number of reasons;

1. I am something of a Japanophile. I am interested in the Japanese culture and came acoss some 5th century sculptures of Hachiman in a museum and thought they were really cool.

2. I am also a martial artist and the name kind of fit (PS hey Robb, I only have one working eye as well. Go figure)

3. I needed a user name for something at work that had at least 8 characters, voila

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Katie

Remind me never to take up martial arts.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:47 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tal

Katie wrote:
Remind me never to take up martial arts.

No worries. I've got a black belt in Tae Kwon Do AND the use of both of my eyes. Razz

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: