Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

What a great weekend... Fuckers.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
Everything
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Everything + 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Everything + 2
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Everything + 935207
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Everything plus the kitchen sink
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
UnimportantLime

What a great weekend... Fuckers.  Reply with quote  

So, I had a good weekend for a while. Then it completely broke down, and it was a shitty weekend. Great.

So, one of my two band had a show last night. It was so much fun. There must have been around 2 or 3 thousand people there. I don't remember ever having that much fun. I mean, we played the same festival thingy last year with the other band, but this year seemed even better. Even though it was outside, and you know, freezing.

So then, I got out to my car, and something was crunching under my feet. WTF is that, I think to myself. Grass shouldn't be crunchy. It's not THAT cold. Then I look into my truck. My seat back was pushed forward. WTF is the deal with that, I think to myself. I didn't do anything behind my seat before I left. Then I was thinking, I thought my window was dirtier than this. And why is there frost on the corners of my windows and not the rest of it? And then I realized, Wait, there isn't a window there.

So yeah, someone broke into my truck and stole at least 80 CDs, and my winter coat, while leaving me a whole fuckload of glass on my seat.

Do you ever just wonder what the fuck is wrong with people? Why the hell would ANYONE do this? There's NO reason for it. Anger anger anger coming from me.

This kind of thing hasn't happened to me before. And I don't understand it. I've been to TONS of concerts in bad areas of Milwaukee, and nothing happened to my vehicle. This festival thingy was in the middle of almost nowhere. I wouldn't think something like this would happen.

I'm sure alcohol was probably involved in this, which angers me even more (there are many different reasons for that...)

Another thing that was so great is that it's about a 25 minute drive from where the festival was to my house. On the interstate. It was 34 degrees. I had to drive about 20 minutes ON THE INTERSTATE IN 34 DEGREE WEATHER WITH NO DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW. Oh. My. God.

Anyway, I think I'm done now. I know worse things than this happen, but still.
Thanks for listening. Smile

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Naked and Famous

Sorry to hear that. I really does suck. I bet it was teenagers or something. I hate teenagers, so it probably was teenagers. Yeah, I go with that.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillopy

Yeah, that sucks. Been there. I've learned you can't leave anything in open view. Fuckers broke into my car just for a scarf and sweater. I mean Chicago winters are bad but shit. Anyway, I feel your pain.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

That totally sucks Lime. Crying or Very sad

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

I've been there too. But they took nothing. They just drove down the street baseball batting every 3rd or 4th car's driver window for the hell of it.

I can't fathom someone who finfs that fun or who's willing to risk their freddom for a random collection of cds.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vahlee

Ginjg wrote:

I can't fathom someone who finfs that fun or who's willing to risk their freddom for a random collection of cds.

Again, teenagers...(the stupid ones. There is that small percentage that aren't this stupid, but it's tiny)

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ferrit Leggings

Ginjg,
They are probably selling the CDís for cash.

UL,
That sucks. Sorry to hear of your troubles. People at work are stealing my CDís all of the time.

FL

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lynn

Well, that's not cool. I hope you can get your truck fixed quickly and not have to be cold.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
UnimportantLime

I just realized that if I, for some reason, can't get my window fixed tomorrow, I won't probably get to go to see Chris!!!! FUCK!!!

Unless I drive about an hour 15 with no window... Chris may be worth that. Smile

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
knikkki

I don't think I've ever seen you say "Fuck."
Dude, I'm most upset about your CD's. I'm careful about leaving my CD's in my car for just that reason. Which means, I never have my CD's in my car when I want them.

HUGS to you. And see Chris. Don't miss that. Even if you have to rent a car.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
UnimportantLime

Fuck, knikkki, I fucking say fuck all the time. Fuck.

Rent a car. That's funny. I'm sure I could afford that when I have to fix my window. Smile

And yeah, I'm really pissed about the CDs. Some of them were kinda rare, a couple were autographed. Some of them are fine, because I probably have a good percentage of them on my computer. But whatever.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

If I could, I'd drive up there and pick you up just so you could see Chris. Wait, that would be so I could see Chris. But you could come with me.

Go to the signing Lime, with window or without! It will make loosing 80 CDs and a window a little less painful in the long run.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

That really sucks, UL. Somebody broke into Jane's car one night, right in front of our house! They broke the back driver's side window and were trying to get the stereo out when I surprised them. (They accidentally hit the horn and turned on the flashers. Really stupid kids.) They took off with Jane's binder of CDs, over 100. She was really bummed, needless to say. And the CDs were mostly mix-CDs that she and friends had made, so not really worth anything to anyone other than Jane.

Try to get to see Chris if you can. Do they have those Zip or Flex cars out your way? you rent a car for a few hours, pick it up at a designated location and leave it at another one (or I suppose the same one), with a full tank of gas. I've never used one, but I see them around here all the time.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lara

THAT SUCKS!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jillopy

You can make it without a window. The weather is supposed to be great. Or you could always get out some plastic and duct tape and fix that window right up. Very Happy

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: