Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Your Soul Object
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Joelibris

I'll be your soul object, babes!

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanSRose

RedOrcaMoon, I have a plush Raphael ninja turtle. It was my favorite when I was little (my #2 was a stuffedt white tiger I got at the circus). I keep him warm (under my bed) and safe (under my bed), but I don't look/play with him anymore, unless I'm looking for something under my bed and he's in the way. This makes me sad.

Mine would be my commonplace book, one of the $8.95 moleskin ones from B&N. I keep it perpetually in my butt pocket, unless I'm writing in it. I have worn out the butt pocket in 4 pairs of jeans because of it and now that it's almost done (I mean all the way full and falling apart), I'm getting scared about both what to with this one and should I treat the next one the same.

Adventures!

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
mandi

at the risk of major suckup noob skewerage ...
my beloved copy of "lamb".

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

DanSRose wrote:
RedOrcaMoon, I have a plush Raphael ninja turtle. It was my favorite when I was little (my #2 was a stuffedt white tiger I got at the circus). I keep him warm (under my bed) and safe (under my bed), but I don't look/play with him anymore, unless I'm looking for something under my bed and he's in the way. This makes me sad.

Mine would be my commonplace book, one of the $8.95 moleskin ones from B&N. I keep it perpetually in my butt pocket, unless I'm writing in it. I have worn out the butt pocket in 4 pairs of jeans because of it and now that it's almost done (I mean all the way full and falling apart), I'm getting scared about both what to with this one and should I treat the next one the same.
*starts to whine* I MISS RAPH!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I knew exactly where he was and he was always close to my closet door. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Iwant him back.. now I have to look on Ebay for one plushie of him.

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lauren

Hmm. If I have one, it would most likely be my copy of The Stand in hardcover, or my copy of Boy's Life that's been read so many times it's held together with a rubber band. Could also be my "August and Everything After" CD, but I've had the books longer than I've loved Counting Crows...

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kitten Poker

Gah, this feels so over-the-top but my soul object is my car, a 2004 New Beetle in Galactic Blue, Cosmo. He's named for Cosmo the dumbass fairy on "Fairly OddParents." My Beta Male tricked him out with a Kenwood/Infinity MP3 system (I can hook my iPod directly in so I listen to "NewsRadio" on the way to work), complete with an Infinity Basslink sub. Daisies are in the vase and FOP window clings decorate the back window. My tags read FRLY ODD. He's slow but dayum, he's a cutey.

I almost traded him of a 2004 Sunflower Yellow Beetle last May and my heart was sick. I could've had a 150 hp 1.8T but in the end I just couldn't do it. I was crying...the dealer even offered to take the stereo out of Cosmo and install it in the new car but no. It felt like I was cheating on a lover driving that other car.

Okay, something smaller? My 60 gig video iPod. She goes everywhere with me and has a fuschia leather Coach case. But really, Cosmo's it.

So...any repo men Death Merchants?

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:35 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Kitten Poker wrote:
Gah, this feels so over-the-top but my soul object is my car, a 2004 New Beetle in Galactic Blue, Cosmo. He's named for Cosmo the dumbass fairy on "Fairly OddParents."

I'm a dumbass fairy, and I still have yet to see anyone driving around a car nmed 'Joe'

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lisa M

You know, I think Joe is the perfect name for my little red car. Joe it is.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
y

Joelibris wrote:
I'm a dumbass fairy, and I still have yet to see anyone driving around a car nmed 'Joe'
My first car was named Joe. It was followed by Tammy Faye, Car, Scarlett, and currently, Tucker.

Oh, and back on topic - still no luck on figuring what would my soul object be.

*sigh*

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

My favorite car was a lil red toyota named Ned, cuz when i first got it, it squealed like a pig whenever I'd start him up.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Laveric

Joelibris wrote:

Hmmm, my car does not have a name.... but considering it is nearly 20 years old, full of holes, and leaks around the window seals I think I will pass on naming it after someone.... No need to insult them.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:10 am   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Joelibris wrote:
Joe, you're not a dumbass.

My favorite car of old was a very early model MGB - early enough that it still had a significant number of MGA parts, which was great on the old budget. It was named 'baro blue'. Not because I named it that, but because the previous owner named it 'baron' and put the name on with stick-on black letters on faux brass backs. I started to peel the name off; got the 'n' first and found the original color of the car was not metallic dark blue. It was robin's egg blue.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

My first car was a '73 Chevy Impala, shit-brown, and went 0 to 60 in 5.9 gallons.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: