Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Your Soul Object
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lisa M

Powder blue VW bug, 1967-ish. I wish I still had it.

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
UnimportantLime

Man you guys are old. Smile

1990 Buick LeSabre. That car rocked.

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Kitten Poker

Old? I represent that remark!

First car was a 77 Toyota Corolla 4 speed. By the time Dad and I were done with it it smelled of rusty farts (his) and french fries (mine; I worked at Burger King). Got me from Point A to Point B with no style or panashe.

Washed my Soul Object yesterday...he's so pretty when he's clean! However, I'd love to paint him eggplant purple and give him a sex change, calling him Hermione. I could make it fit on the plate!

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lara

My first car was a tan '72 Maverick. I loved that car so much. Well, it wasn't really mine, it was my step-mothers, but it was the one I drove. A piece of plastic from the steering wheel cover got wrapped around the steering column so every time I turned left it would honk. That was towards the end.

When my step-mother was told by the mechanic that it would cost more than the car was worth to fix it, she sold it to him for junk. By then, I had moved on to my own car but I cried and cried when I found out Mavis had gone to that Big Junkyard in The Sky.

Personally, I think the mechanic lied. I think he took it home and fixed her up for himself. I'll look for a pic of her.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
waxingpoetical

hmm... seems this has digressed into a car thread... but since i have no car (public transpo for me!), i shall return to the Soul Object topic.

i think my Soul Object would have to be my silver claddauggh ring (or however you spell that evil, evil gaelic word). i bought it for $12 at a Renaissance Faire two years ago, and i only take it off in the shower and while swimming. i even sleep with it on, and i HATE sleeping with jewelry on. i've worn it so often, the metal has molded to the shape of my finger, and i can't wear it on my other hand anymore.

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Unc

Re: Your Soul Object  Reply with quote  

Lib wrote:
Got this idea from Gracie in another thread...

What would be your soul object when you die?

A ten-inch schlong. Cool

Post Fri May 05, 2006 10:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Unc

lisa wrote:
There is this beautiful temple I met when I was 12 years old. It is superb architecture. I visit it again and again every two years and and languish there and have to tear myself away. It is quite abandoned and worship is not regular. But in 1998 while I was just watching this magnificent silent tower in the blazing sun suddenly from the tower separated 300 pigeons and took off in a oval sweep in their usual round. I was quite struck.

Ever since then for the past 8 years before I close my eyes for a siesta I visualise myself as one of those birds and fly around the tower getting a magnificent view. I feel the heat and the wind and know nothing other than about the shade in the nooks of the sculptures and be at my fave place.

Very nice. Where is this temple?

Post Fri May 05, 2006 10:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Seiya234

My Raggedy Ann doll. I've had her since I was a little baby.
Caveat emptor....to all that enter here
-"Roulette Dares (Haunt of)"/The Mars Volta

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lloydface

My lip ring.

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Windmillwacker

I've got this really cozy quilt. Handmade...purple and blue. This thing has completely attached to me since it came into my life. I'm like Linus with this rag. An awesome, yet shameful realization I tell you.

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Windmillwacker

Hey, Gracie:

Blankets are total treasures. No shock that yours stood the test of time.

I still have the ones my grandma made me. She passed away from cancer four years ago. I had just been married and she feverishly worked to complete one last blanket for the baby girl we were going to have. This was news to us as we weren't planning to have another child any time soon. The woman was on to something though. She finished the blanket and passed away one week later. A year and a bit after that we had our baby girl. Nothing too eerie in that tale. No fortune telling probably, but you got to love it when Fate makes things work out in a cool way.

Just another blanket tale. Thought I'd share it with you.

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Iggy

My soul object would be my torn up paperback edition of the Fannie Farmer Cookbook. It was the first cookbook I bought myself back in 1985. I've now got about 50 or so different cookbooks.

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
ckfencer03

mine would probably be my blanket or my [onceuponatime]-pink-cat -stuffedanimal

or my camera

it's a toss up

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

Any of my shoes...I'd either pick the black stilettos or the wooden clogs.

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
[Koosh]

I... have no idea.
Probably the most random thing ever, or the simplist.
*shrug*

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: