Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Hey Everyone!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
vogelap

Hey Everyone!  Reply with quote  

Hey everyone! I'm Drew, and have been a fan of Christopher's books since I first picked up Demonkeeping and have loved his work ever since.

Last night (April 12), I had the chance to meet Chris in person at his signing stop at Books & Co. in Dayton, Ohio. He's awesome! At the signing, I met a couple of other boardies (who happen to be fellow Firefly fans) who were also very cool.

He signed my books and allowed me to have a picture taken with him and the little-teeny-t-shirt I won. You can see the picture here.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
deb

Hiya Drew! Nice shirt. I went back a couple three pictures on that link and I gotta ask: WHY would that soap container be in the men's room???? I also liked the testicle teeshirt. That's perfect for someone I know!

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vogelap

Yeah, I thought the soap dispenser was a bit ...misplaced... too!

I wanna find my own testicle t-shirt. It's awesome.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
vogelap

Here is a short article about the booksigning last night.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
whoami#11

You know Drew that shirt would fit ME just perfectly. If it is too tight anywhere I would cut out the offending areas. You know of course as a newby you have to make offerings to ME. But first you have to guess who I am. One hint. I am younger than Deb and Joe and Probably Dana.

editing here: You have some funny pictures over there.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kianu

gracie wrote:
His Nineness is looking a bit peaked. Take care Chris, it's almost over.

I think Chris needs some happy pills. The last few "Signing Photos" looked like he swallowed something that wasn't quite dead yet. Squirrel People perhaps?

Welcome Drew! Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:05 am   View user's profile Send private message
vogelap

Actually, I may have had something to do with the lack of a smile. He was talking about LAMB and how in an early draft of the book, Biff & Josh were languishing around in the gateway to the east... Pages & pages of "nothing really happening". I said, "Sorta like ISHTAR?", which I don't think he found all that funny. Wink

Thanks for the welcome! I've been a fan of Chris' since DEMONKEEPING, but only realized there was a forum here when he mentioned it last night!

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
vogelap

whoami#11 wrote:
You know Drew that shirt would fit ME just perfectly. If it is too tight anywhere I would cut out the offending areas.

If I were to cut the offending areas, what would remain would be a large expanse of pasty white skin with whispy threads of black once-a-t-shirt fabric! The shirts are REALLY small.

whoami#11 wrote:
You know of course as a newby you have to make offerings to ME. But first you have to guess who I am. One hint. I am younger than Deb and Joe and Probably Dana.

Before I can make offerings, I have to guess who you are? Interesting rules around here. Wink

Considering that I don't know Deb, Joe, and Probably Dana (or their ages), I'm going to guess that you're FattyFattyPorkFace. How'd I do?

whoami#11 wrote:
editing here: You have some funny pictures over there.

Thanks! Feel free to explore the whole site and gallery.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
knikkki

DUDE ... Welcome, but Jesus ... It's not Fluke: Or I know why the CAGED whale sings.

It's Fluke: Or I know why the WINGED Whale Sings

When pointing out an error it's best to not make an error. (You know now that I said that I'll have made an error.)

LOL - Caged whale.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vogelap

knikkki wrote:
DUDE ... Welcome, but Jesus ... It's not Fluke: Or I know why the CAGED whale sings.

When pointing out an error it's best to not make an error. (You know now that I said that I'll have made an error.)

LOL - Caged whale.

Well, I'll be darned. I obviously was thinking of Maya's book. In my pre-coffee state, it's an easy mistake to make. And, fortunately, it's an easy mistake to fix, which I've done. Thanks for pointing it out!

While we're on the topic, any other scuba divers here?

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Jynnantonix

vogelap wrote:
Actually, I may have had something to do with the lack of a smile. He was talking about LAMB and how in an early draft of the book, Biff & Josh were languishing around in the gateway to the east... Pages & pages of "nothing really happening". I said, "Sorta like ISHTAR?", which I don't think he found all that funny. Wink

Thanks for the welcome! I've been a fan of Chris' since DEMONKEEPING, but only realized there was a forum here when he mentioned it last night!

Ah... so you were the Ishtar dude. I was down on the floor outside the dais, and couldn't see who that was.

I personally think that he was done with the pictures. I think you were the only one that didn't have technical difficulties with your camera last night!

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Ginjg

vogelap wrote:
knikkki wrote:

LOL - Caged whale.

Well, I'll be darned. I obviously was thinking of Maya's book. In my pre-coffee state, it's an easy mistake to make. And, fortunately, it's an easy mistake to fix, which I've done. Thanks for pointing it out!

While we're on the topic, any other scuba divers here?

Scuba Diva here!
My first av here was a shot of me at 90ft in grand cayman. I know there are others but I'll let them chime in on their own. I wouldn't want to accused of outing others for liking to do it deeper.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
suetu

I'm the former editor of Discover Diving magazine and have written for Skin Diver, Sport Diver, Rodale's Scuba Diving, and a bunch of other dive rags around the world.

It's been forever since I actually dived, but, yeah, I'm certified.

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vogelap

Awesome! Wendy (my girlfriend-like wife) & I been diving for a few years now, and enjoy it very much. We're currently working on our Dive Master certification. If you go here, you can see diving pictures from our most recent trip, to Puerto Rico.

We read DISCOVER DIVING religiously. I wonder if we might have seen some of your articles.

Glad to see other divers here. It makes me wonder, though... Did ya'll spot the error when reading FLUKE?

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
suetu

vogelap wrote:

We read DISCOVER DIVING religiously. I wonder if we might have seen some of your articles.

Glad to see other divers here. It makes me wonder, though... Did ya'll spot the error when reading FLUKE?

Thanks, Vogelap. I was very proud of my tenure at that magazine (mid- to late-nineties).

And, considering I proof-read the final draft of Fluke before publication, I'd have to say, no, I didn't spot the error.

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: