Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Hey Everyone!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Naked and Famous

I don't dive but I want to welcome you anyways. The one time I tried it I didn't like it. It just was freaky. I don't know. Have fun on the boards.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
vogelap

Yeah, diving can be a bit disquieting. You are, after all, a stranger in a strange land. However, with some training and patience, you eventually get used to it.

There are awesome rewards to diving, too. You get to see things that 99.9% of the population will never see first-hand. There is confidence that comes from the training and experience. The first time my buoyancy was good enough that I just inhaled a little bit and glided over something underwater, it was SOOO cool. It feels just like flying. I think I messed up my buoyancy afterward by laughing at how cool it was!

BTW, I'm "Drew"... "Vogelap" is a combination of my last name and initials.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
travist

congrats on the small shirt and welcome...but i have to say Chris wore that shirt here at the LA signing! we should pitch in and get him a new hawaiian shirt! i'll start with a $1 donation!

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jpurser

My wife and I are both certified divers. And, neither of us caught that technical error, either.

We got our c-cards back in 1985.

I first learned to dive in San Diego back in the mid-1950s. Some of the members of my dad's church were Navy divers and they would take me with them when they did sport diving at church picnics at the beach. The regulators in those days were really primitive and you really had to work to get enough air.

Welcome to the board.

I, too, like the testicle t-shirt. It would be a wonderful addition to the collection I have of shirts I could never wear out in public, but with my personality I'm afraid too many of my friends would have much too much fun taking shots at me when I had it on. (Just because I occasionally act like a dickhead, I don't see the need to advertise it.)

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
suetu

Yeah, Chris is also a diver, which you may have guessed.

So, Drew, what was the error you spotted in Fluke?

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

Hi, Drew! If I may be so bold, I'ld like to say the t-shirt dosen't look so
small, as you appear to be a large man. I don't Scuba Dive. But I do
jump out of perfectly good airplanes for no reason other than, it's fun.
Cannot truly compare it to flying, more like falling. Welcome and enjoy
your stay.

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
y

hmmmm it doesn't appear that's I've said anything to you yet...

Hello.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
vogelap

suetu wrote:
So, Drew, what was the error you spotted in Fluke?

Somewhere in FLUKE, a character instructs another character to drop a scuba tank and octopus into the water, to be assembled by a character who is submerged. However, there is a component on the octopus that cannot get wet (itís funny to me that an integral part of scuba gear cannot get wet).

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
vogelap

fortune cookie wrote:
Hi, Drew! If I may be so bold, I'ld like to say the t-shirt dosen't look so small, as you appear to be a large man. I don't Scuba Dive. But I do jump out of perfectly good airplanes for no reason other than, it's fun. Cannot truly compare it to flying, more like falling. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Hi there! It's true... I'm a big boy. But it's also true that the shirts are small. Everyone -- including Chris -- were commenting on how tiny they were.

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
vogelap

y wrote:
hmmmm it doesn't appear that's I've said anything to you yet...

Hello.

Well, hello yourself! How are you?

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Lenore

Welcome to the boardello.

Quote:
Last night (April 12), I had the chance to meet Chris in person at his signing stop at Books & Co. in Dayton, Ohio. He's awesome! At the signing, I met a couple of other boardies (who happen to be fellow Firefly fans) who were also very cool.

Fellow Firefly fan here but I'm in NY not Ohio. We are everywhere, why didn't the movie do better? It's a mystery.

Sounds like you had a great time at the signing and Chris looks knackered.
I always wanted to use that word and it's so appropriate when you look at that photo.

I think we should go back to the Poll and say Chris is pretty much on the 9th level of hell right now.

Who thinks up of these torture tours?

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Welcome aboard, vogelap (aka Drew)! Ignore everything said by anyone calling themselves whomai[insert random number here]. I assume you're nekkid, perched on a stack of books, and thinking of very funny stuff to post. As a certified newbie, it's a rule. And make sure you've read the rules thoroughly and are following them to the letter. Dire consequences await those who flout the rules. Twisted Evil

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
vogelap

Sara Leigh wrote:
Ignore everything said by anyone calling themselves whomai[insert random number here].

So what is the deal with the "whoami[insertrandomnumberhere]"? I don't get it...

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

I've got no idea. I was away for about a week. When I came back, it was all over the place, cluttering up the board, making it really hard to catch up. Some game. I'm sure it's great fun for those in the know. It's just a pain in the butt for others like me. Feel free to join in the fun if you can figure it out.

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:47 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: