Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Text color
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

[b]Do you find my [color=violet]violet[/color] text readable?[/b]
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
No
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
I don't read you for a host of other reasons
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

Rizak the Really Horrible wrote:
Absolutely. Much the same as you do mine!

Twisted Evil
Holy smokes, that was the most strenuous two seconds I've ever endured! Oh, the humanity!

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

I like it because you are the only one who uses it and I know it is you. And it looks great with the black background. Keep using it. And post lots more just to bug the newbie. (Kidding)

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lynn

I don't mind it, and I've got a pale background, too.

Besides we all do things that are unreadable. Like so As Tal, said highlight the text and soldier on.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Klari

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but depending on your monitor, it probably looks a little different to people. And with my iBook, depending on the angle of the screen it looks pink sometimes, but then sometimes it looks lilac. I also have the black screen.

Personally just for my aethetic sensibilities, I wish it were MORE purple, but then with the black screen it would be more difficult to read. But in my world purple is a good thing, so I say rock on with your purple Suetu.

And Rizak? Every day is Make the Newbie Cry Day.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

I likey Suetu's purple!

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

I like S's purple, it goes well with the Fluke theme I have for the Boardello. <3 It always tells me when she's written something, so I like it. Nyeah.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sara Leigh

Okay, where is that noob Rizak? Get over here young man and assume the position! It's pica stick time. Twisted Evil

I love your purple prose, Suetu. It complements my Barbie Basement conceptually, which is a good thing. Combined with your avatar, it's almost like you're sitting right here in my office. It's so you. Very Happy

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Unfortunately, no. It's nothing like that position. Razz

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Steve pauses, puts on his pedagogical hat, then resumes in a standard font:

Next time you post a response, take a look between the Subject entry area and the Message Body area. See things that look like B and i and u and so on? Those are the ways to do it by clicking on them - but be warned, they're inconsistent. Some you click to start a given change (bold, italic, underline) and then you go back by clicking Close Tags. Others (Font colour, Font size) insert stuff that you have to go back and type in the middle of.

I do it all by hand. To produce the above, here's what I entered into the message body for the second sentence:
Code:
Next time you post a response, take a look between the [b]Subject[/b] entry area and the [b]Message Body[/b] area.
You see how the bold words are surrounded by a pair of tags? The same applies for italic and underline, as we see in the third sentence:
Code:
See things that look like [b]B[/b] and [i]i[/i] and [u]u[/u] and so on?
Colors and sizes work a bit differently. You still have to surround them with tags but those tags also require a number for size of a color for colors, eg:
Code:
Colors and sizes work a bit differently. You still have to surround them with [size=9]tags[/size] but those tags also require a number for size of a [color=green]color[/color] for colors,...
Experiment by making liberal use of the Preview button.

Now, just for Sue: If you'd like a different shade of purple for your prose, use the color form
Code:
[color=#XXYYZZ]text[/color]
XX, YY and ZZ are base 16 numbers (no, don't tune out!) that represent how much red, green and blue are in your font. To get different shades of purple, you'd use different amounts of each. Doing all that by hand is a pain, but if you look here and scroll down a bit, you'll find all sorts of six-letter combinations to give you all kinds of purple. Here's what you'd put in to get those particular purples:
Code:
[color=#990099]to[/color]
[color=#9900FF]give[/color]
[color=#CC33CC]you[/color]
[color=#9966FF]all[/color]
[color=#9933CC]kinds[/color]
[color=#663399]of[/color]
[color=#9900CC]purple.[/color]

And remember, the Preview button is your friend. Start simple, then as you get more practice you can start combining attributes to make things like the very first sentence of this post, which looks like this:

Steve pauses, puts on his pedagogical hat, then resumes in a standard font:

And was entered as
Code:
[color=cyan][size=9][i]Steve pauses, puts on his [b]pedagogical[/b] hat, then resumes in a standard font:[/i][/size][/color]
One last thing - if you ever see something in a posting that looks cool, hit the Quote button. It'll put you into the response form, but will include everything that they did so that you can look at how they did it, much as I did with all the code fragments above. Try it with this one and see.

Steve removes his pedagogical hat, then does back to work.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zip

sgt_steve wrote:
all kinds of geekiness

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

As slow as I type you'd never hear from me again.(that's alright ,I can
wait................................................for all..............................the...
..............................cheering...................and...............................
.....................applause......................to ........................stop.........
....................................................................................................
....................................................................................................
..............................geeze............................................................)
Does It really have to be so involved, just to change the colour of ones
type? Wink

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zip

fortune cookie wrote:
As slow as I type you'd never hear from me again.(that's alright ,I can
wait................................................for all..............................the...
..............................cheering...................and...............................
.....................applause......................to ........................stop.........
..............................geeze............................................................)
type? Wink

do you mean color? Wink

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

[quote="zip"][quote="fortune cookie"]As slow as I type you'd never hear from me again.(that's alright ,I can
type? Wink[/quote]

[color=red]do you mean color?[/color] Wink[/quote]

The seemingly misspelling of color was for the benefit of our U.K. and
canadidian dwelling denizens. It was an attempt at making their visit here
less foreign. The undeserving foreign bassturds. Unless they're reading
this in which case, Hi! Shocked

God I crack myself up! Laughing
Yes I had to play BY myself as a child.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: