Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When do I lose the n00b designation?
Not sure.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
As soon as you draw blood on your opponent.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
After you create your own lightsaber.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
On your one year trial period in the boardello.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
After the cheques all clear.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Never.
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Other.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Rizak shouldn't make polls anymore.
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rizak the Really Horrible

.  Reply with quote  

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lauren

I chose other. Everyone knows that you're a frickin' n00b until a council of the Board Divas declare you otherwise, and even then, they can send you back to n00bdom in a heartbeat.

We do, on occasion, take bribes. I like dark chocolate.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
deb

I apparently like gay men.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lauren

Come back here, deb, I'll fix that for you.

Rowr.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
deb

Thanks, kitten. I also like pseudo sapphic females.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
UnimportantLime

You're always a newb.

Or maybe that's just me... I feel like, even though I've been here for about... uh... 4 months or so, I still feel like a newb. Is that bad?

Am I still a newbie?

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:10 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jillopy

gracie wrote:

and Noob, you have to go a whole week without pissing anyone off.

This week doesn't count. Your other av pissed me off. Try again next week.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:12 am   View user's profile Send private message
jay

When the topmost book on your naked-sitting-stack becomes, well, unhygienic.

As you can imagine, the actual time depends heavily on ass moisture, hardcover/paperback, so many factors.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:18 am   
Ginjg

Well, there is a minimum of 3 months stated in the rules. That can be extended at any of the Divi's whim.

But rarely are noobs so brash as you've been. "I'm new here why doesn't the board do things the way I like?" Screw that. Some of the Divi Ultima have been here through three iterations of the boardello and you may not question their ways. Or we'll sic the Diva Ultima Ultima on you, and Hilary takes no prisoners.

If you wish to be initiated into the inner mysteries, you're going to have kiss some Diva feet. We're a clean bunch so no need to worry about getting athletes lips.

At any rate, just change to the default black background and the purple prose will read just fine.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sgt_steve

"Noobdom is a state of mind, a rite of passage. Calendars don't apply. One mark of a noob is to worry about noobdom." The master then struck the student with a stick, and he was enlightened.

But he was still a noob.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

It took me 6 or 7 months.
Secret confession: When I first started posting here I secrety named myself "The Thread Killer." I felt like every time I posted on a thread, that was the end of it. No responses.

It took a long time to get over it, and I thought nobody here liked me.

OK, so there's that confession buried in a thread about you.

It will most assuredly take more than 2 days and 52 posts. But, you have funny really working in your favor. Now step away from the lightsabres.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

he is canadianian. Noobdom may be hard to escape if CU has anything to do with it.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
knikkki

Ginjg wrote:
he is canadianian. Noobdom may be hard to escape if CU has anything to do with it.

Oh ...shit, you're right.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

knikkki wrote:
It took me 6 or 7 months.
Secret confession: When I first started posting here I secrety named myself "The Thread Killer." I felt like every time I posted on a thread, that was the end of it. No responses.

Pfft. I've been killin' threads since before you were born on the boards, young lady! It's, like, a talent. Or a mutant power.

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: