Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

oh no, another noob (did I spell that correctly?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Junior Elan

oh no, another noob (did I spell that correctly?)  Reply with quote  

Hi everybody, Junior Elan checking in for the first time. I confess to have been lurking about a bit, mostly looking over my friend (and snowy biscuit) Kianu's shoulder (she's the one who introduced me to the writings of the AG, as he seems to be known as), but also was privileged to be invited to and able to attend a gathering not so long ago in the great southland of Califorium of Boardello Divas, and not just any divas, let me tell you! I was in the presence of the Grand Diva herself, Miss Ginjg. I apologize for not being able to recall all that I met there, but do recall meeting Suetu and Lynn, from my neck of the woods, and Klari (how's the silver-leaf fruitbat coming?), and Jeff, Ja, Zevon and Zip. Was there a fatty fatty pork face there as well? Of course, most were introduced by their "other" names, so I would probably fail the picture ID contest. The food was GREAT, and the music, though cut short by the weather, was GROOVING. Can't wait for another opportunity to jam with you guys (and El!)

For a little bit of background on me, I was born a whaley boy, but became marooned somewhere around the north pole, where I was taken in by a cultish sort of tribe. I was accepted as one of their own, and with proper therapy and reconstructive surgery, have become as you see me here now. I tend to use parenthesees a lot, though I doubt if I know how to spell that word, let alone their correct usage. I also get the urge to decorate trees towards the end of December.

I have browsed some of the rules, and will try to follow them to the best of my ability. Though willing to do so, I apologize that I could not find anyone to take a picture of me sitting naked on the stack of books. Maybe i'll buy a tripod.

I am looking forward to meeting the AG in Corte Madera next week, and would love to meet up with anybody else going. Suetu and Lynn, if you are, and would allow me to intrude, please let me know!! Would love to see you both again!

I'll try to keep up with you all - that's all for now, folks.[/quote]

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

Whoohoo! Welcome!

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
y

Hey. Read the rules, do what you're told, post often, and all will be well.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
suetu

Good to "see" you again, Jim. Smile

Yeah, as it happens Lynn, Knikkki, and I are planning to be in Corte Madera. We're trying to talk Kianu into joining us, too.

Welcome to the board!

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

Correction: I am not the Grand Diva.

It's best for noobs not to use appellations as they are myriad and confusing. Be very careful of that. Misuse can be dangerous.

Know that Hillary is the Diva Ultima Ultima, Sara Leigh is Board Mom - "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

Beyond that all is ephemeral and everchanging. Just keep your eyes and ears open and all will eventually become clear. Of course, as soon as it does we'll change everything.

And welcome!

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Junior Elan

Hi again, thanks for the warm welcome, jaandlu. y, I'll behave, please don't hurt me. And to Suetu (hey, that rhymes!), thanks, I would love to join you guys. Just give me a starting time and meeting place, I'll be there! (Did I mention I like to use the exclamation point a lot too) (There goes those darn parenthissees again!)

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
y

damn. That felt warm to you? I need to work on that...

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Junior Elan

ginjg, my most humble apologies for missuse of appellations (and all this time I thought they was some mountains somewheres) - and, y, yeah, that was warm to a guy thats been married three times - but I have references!! Laughing

gotta go, see ya'll later - Junior

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Naked and Famous

Welcome! It sounds like you are pretty comfortable here already. Have fun at the signing.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zip

Dude! Are you related to Dale Junior?

Good to see you again. Are you tall with a mustache and glasses?

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

1) Not related to dale junior - actually, there's a funny story about my name (Junior Elan) (which isn't really my real fake name, it's my fake fake name. My real fake name is jimmy reylon, which is what I thought I replied when Suetu asked what my possible board name might be, or I might have brought up myself whilst conversing with her, but it appears that, filtered through mass quantities of food and drink and a house full of people, it reached Suetu's ears as "junior elan". Which I thought sounded kind of catchy. Besides, I've been trying to come up with a name for my narrator, and now I've got one! (thanks, Suetu!)

2) 6' if I stand up straight, affirmative on the lip cover and vision aids.
I believe I do recall meeting you there, I mean I know I met you, but might not immediately recognize you, if you know what I think I mean - were you guys from far away, relatively speaking, of course??

...and to Hillary, the Diva Ultima Ultima, if you're listening (watching?) please accept my most sincere apology for mistakingly applying your appellation upon ginjg (who has cautioned me against such usage, I will obey). I am also accutely aware that Sara Leigh is Board Mom - that she is "She Who Must Be Obeyed". yes, masters.........

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:32 pm   
Junior Elan

OK, OK, I thought I was logged in - the post above was from me, junior.
God, now what pennance will be required of me???

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Junior Elan wrote:
Remedial nudity is the most common sentence, but given as you're still in the nude posting period, that seems pointless. Hmm, what to do, what to do...

Hey Joe! Cavity search, over here. Bring the rubber gloves. No, no, not those. The cement worker ones.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kianu

sgt_steve wrote:
Junior Elan wrote:
Remedial nudity is the most common sentence, but given as you're still in the nude posting period, that seems pointless. Hmm, what to do, what to do...

Hey Joe! Cavity search, over here. Bring the rubber gloves. No, no, not those. The cement worker ones.

Shocked OUCH! Shocked

Welcome Junior Jimmy Rey Elan.... Glad you could make it. Well, I guess they're takin' out the gloves for ya. What a great beginning. Very Happy

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Junior Elan wrote:
and, y, yeah, that was warm to a guy thats been married three times - but I have references!! Laughing
gotta go, see ya'll later - Junior

Three times?! Are you related to Rizak? Well at least ya' ain't no quitter.
Welcome aboard Lad. Now, grab the priest an batten that codfish!
We're off! Wink

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: