Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job Movie...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Queen Geek

A Dirty Job Movie...  Reply with quote  

I just finished the book, and it's now my favorite CM creation, I think .I love LAMB, but this one has all the qualities of depth and spirituality plus reanimated squirrels.

As I read, I just kept seeing a movie in my head, which could be my medication, but still, it was kind of cool. Here is my perfect casting...who agrees?

Charlie Asher -- Dominic Monaghan (Charlie from LOST, but minus the accent.)

Audrey/rachel - Zoey Deschanel (from...ELF? Remember her? She does a lot of fringe movies too. And she can sing.)

Minty- Mos Def in elevator shoes and pimp wear

Lily - Margaret Cho
Ray - Robert Patrick (the guy in XFILES after Mulder got too expensive).

I'd like a small part as a go-go ferret.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
knikkki

Mos and Zoey were in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy together.
People keep saying Charlie for Charlie, but I don't see it. I could see John Cusak though, for sure.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Queen Geek

Hitchhiker Brain Fart  Reply with quote  

Wow! I had totally forgotten that. Weird. I also love Alan Rickman. Who could he be?

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DanaMichelle

John Cusack is the quintessential beta male. Plus he's deadpan funny, which is what you'd need for Charlie. He'd be perfect Knikkki. Actually, we should just get Chris to do it. After seeing him in person, I'd bet he'd be a great comedic actor.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Queen Geek

John Cusack...too sexy.  Reply with quote  

I love John Cusack, but he is too sexy and good looking to be Charlie. I just wouldn't be able to buy him as a Beta Male who gets pity dates. I'd do him even if he wore one of those reanimated squirrel dresses.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

Re: John Cusack...too sexy.  Reply with quote  

Queen Geek wrote:
I love John Cusack, but he is too sexy and good looking to be Charlie. I just wouldn't be able to buy him as a Beta Male who gets pity dates. I'd do him even if he wore one of those reanimated squirrel dresses.

I just think that every movie I've seen him in he hasn't been a strong male all the girls are flocking to, more like the opposite. (Must Love Dogs; High Fidelity; Americas Sweethearts) I think he would be perfect.

I kept thinking Zoey what's her name as Lily when I was reading it.

Minty Fresh was Samuel L. Jackson

That is just what I imagined when I was reading it anyway.

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Hmmmm
Margaret Cho is like 40 - Lily is 16?

Love the Margaret, but, just seems, oh, kind of a stretch.

I see Cusack way more than that Charlie guy, who people are apparantly picking because he's named Charlie. It never says Charlie isn't good looking. He's just a bit of a geek.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

chris wrote:
Hmmmm
Margaret Cho is like 40 - Lily is 16?

Love the Margaret, but, just seems, oh, kind of a stretch.

I see Cusack way more than that Charlie guy, who people are apparantly picking because he's named Charlie. It never says Charlie isn't good looking. He's just a bit of a geek.

and John Cusack played nothin' BUT geeks till the '90s, so he knows how...

oh, by the time they get around to making the movie, Dakota Fanning will be old enough to play Lily, and I have oh so wanted to see that poor child gothed up...

and either Robert Patrick or Ray Liotta as Ray...

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Queen Geek

Margaret Cho...yeah, too old  Reply with quote  

Sorry about the Margaret Cho thing...I wasn't thinking age, just type. I'm not sure why i saw her as Asian either...But that's why books are so damn cool.

I can see I am not going to win the John Cusack argument. I stand by Charlie, and it isn't because he has the same name. Ah well.Maybe the Dixie Chicks for the Morrigan? Wink

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jpurser

She's probably too old for the part, but as I was reading ADJ I pictured Parker Posey as Lily. Posey was born in 1968 and can still play very young roles, but 16 might be a real stretch.

Cusak would be perfect for Charlie.

Perhaps the AG might use the role as his debut in the movies???

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Queen Geek

AG on film  Reply with quote  

I think he'd be great in a movie. He would be like Jon Stewart...kind of himself, and hilarious. I am not afraid to admit that I loved Stewart's movie, DEATH TO SMOOCHY. Hey! AG needs to get on the Daily Show! Stewart loves writers. Let's start a campaign to get him on! Here's a link to make a comment on the Daily Show website: http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml

Parker Posey, I love. But as Lily, I don't know. What about some lucky unknown? Also, anyone a fan of Christopher Guest? I think the woman who was in 40-year-old Virgin with Steve Carell and in all the C. Guest movies like Watiing for Guffman would be a great sister Jane. I wanna be a sewer harpy. I have acting experience...most recently I was in SIX WOMEN WITH BRAIN DEATH, OR EXPIRING MINDS WANTS TO KNOW at the San Diego Repertory theatre. I did not make that up.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Joelibris wrote:
oh, by the time they get around to making the movie, Dakota Fanning will be old enough to play Lily, and I have oh so wanted to see that poor child gothed up...
Oh my God, yes! I wonder if she can actually act?
Joelibris wrote:
and either Robert Patrick or Ray Liotta as Ray...
Liotta.

And for Jody's walkthru, Amber Tamblyn.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

How about Ellen Muth from Dead Like Me as Lily? I don't know what she'd look like in Goth stuff, but she has the attitude down pat.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

I have NO idea what my problem was, but as QG thought of Lily as Asian I keep seeing Ray as black.

I think it would be fun to have Hermonie from HP be Lily. Goth and American her up? Not saying she's right for it, just saying it would be funny.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

P.S. I think Cusak in High Fidelity was TOTALLY Beta Male. God that was a great flick.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: