Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?


bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job Movie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Joelibris



Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 7557
Location: Kraptapolis, NC, U. S. of DUH-HUH
 Reply with quote  

Good idea of Simon Pegg, Snark. If he can manage a good American accent. Some Brits can, some can't.

Welcome to the board, Snark_Monster. Head on over to Who's Who and start an introduction topic, and we'll all be along shortly to harass you.
_________________
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
delusional minority and by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FiFi21Cool



Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 58
Location: Canada
 Reply with quote  

ok i think for me i'd say this was more of a punk rock kinda book and i think
Charlie should be played by Tre Cool from Green day
Lily played by that Brody chick
Ray should be played by the tattoo artist from Inked- Clark
Riviara should be played by Mike Dirnt also from Green Day
(and some real actors of course)
i think Minty Fresh should be played by that guy from lost Mr. Echo
the other cop should be played by Billie Joe Armstrong
and Rachel/Audrey should be played by ......i'm still thinking about who plays them

i'm sure a lot of u wont agree with me but its ok
its my lil fantisy lol Rolling Eyes Smile

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pixiedolores



Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 45
Location: Texas
 Reply with quote  

have any of y'all ever watched "Black Books?" It's a BBC comedy about a used bookshop owner, but I totally imagined the main acotr from that show, Dylan Moran, also from Shaun of the Dead, as Charlie. Seriously, this guy totally fits the profile, especialy the Shaun of the Dead guy he played.

look him up on youtube. his stand up is HILARIOUS
my fav scene from the show-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU4S2BIqoHY
_________________
We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The_Eternal_Lost_Boy



Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 39
Location: CA
 Reply with quote  

XD that was funny...

I'd love an ADJ movie but if they fudged it I would have to kill someone

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zendao42



Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 13570
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy near you
 Reply with quote  

I just want to say that if any of the SF books get made into movies,
George Carlin needs to be the Emperor-
I can hear him saying "Safety first!"
with the proper amount of maniacal sincerity...

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Christa



Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 33
Location: ON-A-Hairy-Ho, CANADA! problem with it? then let's dance...
Re: John Cusack...too sexy.  Reply with quote  

Queen Geek wrote:
I love John Cusack, but he is too sexy and good looking to be Charlie. I just wouldn't be able to buy him as a Beta Male who gets pity dates. I'd do him even if he wore one of those reanimated squirrel dresses.

I think John looks rat like and not a very good actor.IMO.

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Christa



Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 33
Location: ON-A-Hairy-Ho, CANADA! problem with it? then let's dance...
 Reply with quote  

FiFi21Cool wrote:
ok i think for me i'd say this was more of a punk rock kinda book and i think
Charlie should be played by Tre Cool from Green day
Lily played by that Brody chick
Ray should be played by the tattoo artist from Inked- Clark
Riviara should be played by Mike Dirnt also from Green Day
(and some real actors of course)
i think Minty Fresh should be played by that guy from lost Mr. Echo
the other cop should be played by Billie Joe Armstrong
and Rachel/Audrey should be played by ......i'm still thinking about who plays them

i'm sure a lot of u wont agree with me but its ok
its my lil fantisy lol Rolling Eyes Smile

Why would musicians who have no actor experience whatsoever play in this "movie?"

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FiFi21Cool



Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 58
Location: Canada
 Reply with quote  

Christa wrote:
FiFi21Cool wrote:
ok i think for me i'd say this was more of a punk rock kinda book and i think
Charlie should be played by Tre Cool from Green day
Lily played by that Brody chick
Ray should be played by the tattoo artist from Inked- Clark
Riviara should be played by Mike Dirnt also from Green Day
(and some real actors of course)
i think Minty Fresh should be played by that guy from lost Mr. Echo
the other cop should be played by Billie Joe Armstrong
and Rachel/Audrey should be played by ......i'm still thinking about who plays them

i'm sure a lot of u wont agree with me but its ok
its my lil fantisy lol Rolling Eyes Smile

Why would musicians who have no actor experience whatsoever play in this "movie?"

because I think it would be good, and when I read the book I think of those guys playing those roles
THATS why

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Christa



Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 33
Location: ON-A-Hairy-Ho, CANADA! problem with it? then let's dance...
 Reply with quote  

I guess it would make sense to Greenday fans. KWIM?

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FiFi21Cool



Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 58
Location: Canada
 Reply with quote  

ya what ever!

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boota



Joined: 09 Apr 2004
Posts: 830
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
 Reply with quote  

Here's who I saw when I read ADJ:

Charlie - Paul Rudd

Minty - Former NBA star John Salley. Don't know if he can act, though. Kareem Abdul Jabbar seems too old to me, but maybe not.

Ray - Gary Busey. I instantly pictured him as Ray.

No other particular actors/actresses popped into my head, but any number of good character actorsd could fill those roles. Gotta keep the cost down. Can't have Charlton Heston playing a gas station attendant in every movie.
_________________
"We went together like Kennedys and head wounds."--Lenny Kapowski

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sgt_steve



Joined: 18 Jan 2005
Posts: 5197
Location: Michissippi
 Reply with quote  

Boota wrote:
Minty - Former NBA star John Salley. Don't know if he can act, though. Kareem Abdul Jabbar seems too old to me, but maybe not.
Yes, Sal-Sal has the right mix.

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jimh21524



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 2
Location: Outside Boston, MA USA
 Reply with quote  

I have not read all the posts but I would love to see Jason Bateman as Charlie. Very similar to his role in Arrested Development, plus he was great in Juno.

The young chick in Juno could be Lily.

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
leprrkan



Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 5089
Location: In the home stretch...
 Reply with quote  

jimh21524 wrote:
I have not read all the posts but I would love to see Jason Bateman as Charlie. Very similar to his role in Arrested Development, plus he was great in Juno.

The young chick in Juno could be Lily.


Went and saw Juno today, I'm guessing? Laughing Wink I cou;d see JB as Asher.
_________________
"Jesus... is NOT a zombie... I shouldn't have to tell you that."

- "Bones"

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVeryMerryHempster



Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 192
Location: Merryland
 Reply with quote  

I always pictured Heath Ledger as Asher, a la the beta-male character he played in The Brothers Grimm. It's sad his life ended so early. He was just starting to blossom. I think this is why every time someone discusses him now I feel a pang of sadness mixed with anger, cause all while reading ADJ, I had the mental picture of Heath freaking out about witches and wearing homemade battle armor. Now it's forever sullied. Way to go, Heath. Dying like that. You had horrible timing.

So... here's my list:

Charlie Asher: Ryan Philippe
Rachel Asher: Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jane: Michelle Williams
Cassie: Drew Barrymore
Lily: The girl who plays Juno
Minty Fresh: Tiny Lister
Aubrey: Zooey Deschanel
The Emperor: Bernard Fox (aka Dr. Bombay from Bewitched) or Tom Hanks
Ray: Adam Baldwin
Mrs. Korjev: Jane Lynch
Cavuto: John Ratzenberger
Rivera: Johnny Depp (make him get a tan)
_________________
"Life's a garden: dig it" - Voltaire (well, he basically said it)

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
  Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Templates created by Vereor and Ken