Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job Movie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

She might already be too old, but Pauley Perette (plays the perky goth Abby Sciuto on NCIS, a show I otherwise despise unless she's on-screen) would make a fine, fine Lily. Check out her bio on IMDB (link above); she must have written it herself.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Don't forget the casting of the two Asian powers!

Maybe Nancy Kwan as Mrs. Ling; and -- as a sort of "Mrs. Doubtfire meets Moscow on the Hudson" -- perhaps Robin Williams as Mrs. Korjev?

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

Robin Williams?! <cringe>

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Queen Geek

Additional Casting  Reply with quote  

Hmmm...I was thinking Meryl Streep for the Russian. I'm still not backing down on the John Cusack thing... I do love him, but to me, he does not seem Charlie-esque.

Ben Stiller for Charlie? Enough acting range? I'm still rooting for the LOST Charlie, and no, it's not because they have the same name! Colin Firth? He's definitely Beta Male all the way.

I, too, though about Emma Watson (Hermione) for Lily, but can't see her as twisted enough.

Sgt. Rivera = Benjamin Bratt

Cavuto= James Gandolfini

Lois = Mercedes Ruehl

Orcus = the Rock wrestler Scorpion King guy...

Fuck Puppets = check any San Diego gym and cast a wide net

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

This may sound funny, but - Antonio Banderas as Rivera. The man has a very nice light comic touch, and Rivera's role is about 75% policeman, 25% straight man. In supporting roles, he's quite good. It's only when they expect him to carry a movie that he has problems.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

Re: Additional Casting  Reply with quote  

Queen Geek wrote:
Hmmm...I was thinking Meryl Streep for the Russian. I'm still not backing down on the John Cusack thing... I do love him, but to me, he does not seem Charlie-esque.

Ben Stiller for Charlie? Enough acting range? I'm still rooting for the LOST Charlie, and no, it's not because they have the same name! Colin Firth? He's definitely Beta Male all the way.

I, too, though about Emma Watson (Hermione) for Lily, but can't see her as twisted enough.

Sgt. Rivera = Benjamin Bratt

Cavuto= James Gandolfini

Lois = Mercedes Ruehl

Orcus = the Rock wrestler Scorpion King guy...

Fuck Puppets = check any San Diego gym and cast a wide net

OK, Colin Firth is HOT HOT HOT - I don't see him as Beta at all.
Ben Stiller, Beta yes, Charlie ... not for me.

Second, I really think you need to go with the Sporting Club (or maybe its called Club One now) at the Hyatt Aventine for maximum fuck puppetage. Have you been there? Oye.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

jpurser wrote:

Perhaps the AG might use the role as his debut in the movies???

Wow, uh, thanks. I'll be 49 next birthday, so 30 might be a stretch for me -- that and the acting.

As for the suggestion of Stiller as Charlie -- (not you Purser), quick, description in your head of Ben Stiller. Not out loud. Just in your head. Take into account why he might make for a pretty great grown-up Biff in Lamb.

Now, run through the "Daddy made you a shiksa" scenario.

That said, you guys are doing great. Here's how these things really go.

Movie executive #1:"We should get Keanu Reeves, to play Charlie."
Movie executive #2:"He's nothing like the character."
Movie executive #3:"Keanu Reeves can't act."
Movie excultive #4:"I hate Keanu Reeves."
Movie executive #2:"Me too."
Movie executive #3:"Me too. We'd be lucky to get him."
Movie excutive #4:"Yeah."
All excutives in chorus: "Yeah."
Movie excutive #1: "Maybe we can rewrite Mrs. Ling for Meryl Streep."
Movie executive#2: "I heard Martin Lawrence's is looking for a project with a kid."
Movie excutive #4: "Yes! And Dakota Fanning can play his adopted daughter!"
Movie executive #3: "I'll bet Streep would be a Hellhound. It would show her range. Has she ever done a dog?"
Movie Executive #4: "She did an 80 year old Rabbi in Angels in America."
Movie Executive #2: "You're right, she's too old for the hellhound. She'll never work for the 13-20s."
Movie Executive #1: "Fuck Meryl Streep. I hope she chokes on a chicken bone. What about that kid from the O.C.?"
Movie Executive #3: "Adam Brodie?"
Movie Excutive #2: "No, the other one, the brooding one--"
Movie Excutive #4: "Mischa Barton! Perfect! She could so play the Buddhist chick! Someone call and see when she's getting out of rehab."
Movie Executive #2: "I thought we wrote the Buddhist chick out."
Movie Executive #4: "Oh, right. I forgot. Well then, fuck Mischa Barton, she can play one of the sewer thingies and we'll put CGI tits on her."
Movie Executive #1: Mischa Barton has a thing in all her contracts, her real tits or none at all. It's like a feminist thing."
Movie Executive #3 "I hate fucking Mischa Barton. I hope she chokes on a chicken bone -- hey, if she plays a hellhound can we get around the tits clause?"
Movie Executive #2: "Well, you guys are going to have to figure it out. I'm late for my two-o'clock."
All Movie executives in chorus: "Me too."
Movie Executive #1: "Good meeting. I'm excited about this project. Let's get this fucker made."
Screenwriter: "So, I thought the first act break would come when -- Are you guys leaving?"
Assistant:"No, go ahead. I'm still taking notes. Would you like something to drink?"

Last edited by chris on Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Queen Geek

Wow. The glamour. I had no idea.

What about the Daily Show? Are you a fan or did I commit a horrible act of assumption? (Wow...that sounds sort of like a Catholic thing...Our Lady of the Incredible Assumption..)

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Queen Geek wrote:
Wow. The glamour. I had no idea.

What about the Daily Show? Are you a fan or did I commit a horrible act of assumption? (Wow...that sounds sort of like a Catholic thing...Our Lady of the Incredible Assumption..)

Love the Daily Show. John Stewart is terrific.

But whoever suggested John Stewart as Charlie -- well, again, let us consider the ongoing "shiksa" theme. I think we can all agree, that noone says "Gentile" better than John Stewart or Ben Stiller -- well, perhaps His Holiness Pope Rabbi Finklestein IV, but other than him...

Okay, I officially will no longer post on this thread. Y'all have fun. In the theater of the imagination, you can cast whomever you want.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JulieB

I am sorry but has anyone mentioned Johnny Depp? Yes, I think he is the sexiest actor alive but he can play such a great Geek! He would love to play in this movie because it is right up his alley. It is a bizarre role for a character that Depp loves to portray. Duh!

If someone already mentioned it, sorry. I did not read the whole thread. I thought it was a given. As a matter of fact, someone needs to contact Depp and ask him. I bet he would help produce the movie.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Directors? Tim Burton, or Terry Gilliam. Hell, Terry Gilliam with the squirrels done by Tim Burton.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JulieB

sgt_steve wrote:
Directors? Tim Burton, or Terry Gilliam. Hell, Terry Gilliam with the squirrels done by Tim Burton.

Tim Burton and Johnnie Depp as producers and directors. There you go. We have a movie. So, who wants to ask?

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Queen Geek

We need money and dead squirrels!  Reply with quote  

Yeah, we have it all sown up, except for the money. Anybody have millions of dollars in disposible venture capital tucked under a mattress?

Just for the record, and to show that I am not a total ass (or is it assette if you're a woman?) I now realize that Ben Stiller is, in fact, Jewish. I never suggested Jon STewart for a part, just said I like him in SMOOCHY. I apologize for my overlookination of Stiller, and still desperately want to see this movie! Of course, it won't hold a candle to the book,but it would be fun to see AG on the red carpet in a Hawaiian shirt and tux pants.

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JulieB

Re: We need money and dead squirrels!  Reply with quote  

Queen Geek wrote:
Yeah, we have it all sown up, except for the money. Anybody have millions of dollars in disposible venture capital tucked under a mattress?

Just for the record, and to show that I am not a total ass (or is it assette if you're a woman?) I now realize that Ben Stiller is, in fact, Jewish. I never suggested Jon STewart for a part, just said I like him in SMOOCHY. I apologize for my overlookination of Stiller, and still desperately want to see this movie! Of course, it won't hold a candle to the book,but it would be fun to see AG on the red carpet in a Hawaiian shirt and tux pants.

Heck, who needs money? We can sell the idea to Tim Burton and Johnny Depp and then find investors. Right? Anyone have Johnny's number? I would be happy to call. Razz Wait, he lives in France and I do not have the money for that kind of call. Okay, anyone have Tim's number? Wink

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Joelibris

Re: We need money and dead squirrels!  Reply with quote  

JulieB wrote:

Heck, who needs money? We can sell the idea to Tim Burton and Johnny Depp and then find investors. Right? Anyone have Johnny's number? I would be happy to call. Razz Wait, he lives in France and I do not have the money for that kind of call. Okay, anyone have Tim's number? Wink

Tim Burton lives in Wacked-out Wacky Land. The LD rates might be higher there than for France...not to mention that when the movie comes out, it'll be "Tim Burton's A Dirty Job" based on a trifling of an idea by Christopher Moore...

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: