Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job Movie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

I am a huge Tim Burton fan (just take a tour of my Nightmare Before Christmas decorated bedroom) but Joe is correct, no JD and TB for me.

Gilliam I could get behind for sure.

And the Sexiest Man Alive as Beta Male? I don't think so. (Even though he looked really creepy in Willy Wonka.)

That movie thing Chris wrote was hilarious! Sadly, I imagine that's exactly how it goes.

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JulieB

knikkki wrote:
I am a huge Tim Burton fan (just take a tour of my Nightmare Before Christmas decorated bedroom) but Joe is correct, no JD and TB for me.

Gilliam I could get behind for sure.

And the Sexiest Man Alive as Beta Male? I don't think so. (Even though he looked really creepy in Willy Wonka.)

That movie thing Chris wrote was hilarious! Sadly, I imagine that's exactly how it goes.

No Johnny Depp? Really? Did you see the movie, Secret Window? OMG! Sgt. is right about Tim Burton but JD? Really? Come on, yes he likes to freak people out. I will not see Willy Wonka but still. *sigh*

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
disco

Let's see, shiksa, beta male, big imagination... I'm thinking Mike Myers. That'd be a crapshoot - he has his moments, but if he goes off into one of his strange over-the-top modes then the whole movie is shot.

I think we're also forgetting that Charlie is 30 - and while a lot of these actors can play younger, they're no longer in the right age bracket. How about Zach Braff?

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

hmmm unfortunatly im not good with actors.... what about Lori petty? I mean come on.. shes a definite Lily...

I could be... but im too fat.. and I look 14 but I can do the Gaufres de douche thing pretty well..

seriously chris... waffle showers?
I dont care about your animal trap you piece of waffle shower!?!! @_@ Confused Question Question Question Shocked Shocked Surprised *falls over* ok im done on this part gotta get questions answered....

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Naked and Famous

disco wrote:
Let's see, shiksa, beta male, big imagination... I'm thinking Mike Myers. That'd be a crapshoot - he has his moments, but if he goes off into one of his strange over-the-top modes then the whole movie is shot.

I think we're also forgetting that Charlie is 30 - and while a lot of these actors can play younger, they're no longer in the right age bracket. How about Zach Braff?

I'm thinking yeah. Zach Braff is good too. And closer to Charlie"s age.
Johnny Depp? No way. Not that I don't love him and all, but not as Charlie.

Detective Rivera (assuming they don't write him off) Jimmy Smits

And definately not Lindsay Lohan for Lily, but with my luck that would be who was picked.

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Cy Guy

Charlie: Jason Lee (Earl in 'My Name is Earl')

Rachel/Audrey: Catherine Zeta Jones

Lily: either Allison Mack (Chloe from Smallville) or Kristen Bell (of Veronica Mars)

Ray: Gary Busey

Director/Producer: either Joss Whedon or Kevin Smith

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

Cy Guy wrote:
Charlie: Jason Lee (Earl in 'My Name is Earl')

Rachel/Audrey: Catherine Zeta Jones

Lily: either Allison Mack (Chloe from Smallville) or Kristen Bell (of Veronica Mars)

Ray: Gary Busey

Director/Producer: either Joss Whedon or Kevin Smith

Wow, that's pretty good. I can get behind this cast. Especially Gary Busey as Ray (now that I've come to accept that he's white.)

Joss Whedon and Kevin Smith are too stylized for this. In other words, their flair would ruin it, I think. I mean, what would Jay do?

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DanaMichelle

Jay and Silent Bob could just make cameo appearances as some people that show up on Charlie's notepad. Charlie needs to collect Jay's soul object, which is, of course, a half-smoked doob, and Silent Bob's soul object would be some obscure book or relic pertaining to eastern philosophy. Smile

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sgt_steve

Gary Busey would make a great Ray. Hell, I've got an entire novel plotted out just as an excuse to have Busey and Tommy Lee Jones do a buddy movie.

I've been mulling over Jason Lee as Charlie, and just don't know. All of his characters seem to have a smarmy element, and I just don't get that from Charlie.

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mandi

i completely pictured benjamin bratt as rivera (high-five, knikkki!) and anna paquin as lily. not an anna paquin fan, don't know why she even popped into my head. but she's the only possible lily for me now.

sort of liking the zach braff thing. but i bet cusack could pull it off.
actually, joan cusack as lois would rock!

just as long as they donít pick tom hanks for charlie. (i actually like tom hanks. but he's so utterly WRONG for robert langdon. period.)

of course it goes without saying that if they went with tom cruise or brad pitt for any ADJ part, i'd have to publicly protest. i'm still not over what they did to my beloved "interview with a vampire". *fume*

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kitten Poker

This book is so up Joss' alley!!!

Anyway, I'm on a raging "NewsRadio" kick. Too bad Dave Foley's a bit long in the tooth for Charlie...JASON BATEMAN!!! Come on! Arrested Development!!! And he's the perfect age!

Rachel, such a small part. Holly Marie Combs, "Piper" from Charmed?

Lily...Zoey Dechanel is a great pick. Loved her in "Elf."

Ack! I'm afraid that as a noob y'all will laugh at some of my suggestions!

Would the Sewer Harpies be CGI?

Jodie's cameo? Debra Messing. She's got the hair.

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mandi

fellow noob here, not even sure i'm allowed to "welcome" you ... but, welcome anyway!

love the jason & holly suggestions!

and as for the cgi sewer harpies, i bet andy serkis could cover them. Laughing

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:05 am   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Oh mandi, you've been here longer than I have. You're no noob. You're just quiet and reserved.

Now get out there and prove me wrong.

Coming back to the thread topic... Jay and Silent Bob (appropriately shrunken and silenced, of course) as two of the squirrel people.

And me. Just put a little beret on one and give him a thagomizer and a VanDyke.

Last edited by sgt_steve on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: