Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job Movie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Darquewillow_Lily

I think the perfect Charlie would be John Krasinski from The Office. He can totally be the lovable Beta Male, just watch him on the show.

Also, Tim Burton should stay away. I really love his stuff but if he does it the movie will be about the special effects and not about the story. [/img]

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

I think Neil Gaiman should do the screenplay. Those Brits can even make the non-funny bits oddly humourous. And a "Witches of Eastwick" reunion is in order for casting the Morrigan. I mean, hell, Cher is familiar with taking a man and ripping his soul out.

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Queen Geek

Witches: yes!  Reply with quote  

I absolutely agree about the Morrigan. The Witches of Eastwick would be sweet.

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mort

tim  Reply with quote  

Sorry Darque but I'm Tim Burton all the way!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Darquewillow_Lily

Thora Birch  Reply with quote  

I was watching American Beauty the other day and I totally agree with those who said Thora Birch for Lily. It's not a very Lily-like character in the movie but I can see it. She's dark, got attitude and can pull off comedy. Plus she's only twenty-four so she could play Lily, who is sixteen in the beginning and around twenty-one by the end.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Re: Thora Birch  Reply with quote  

Darquewillow_Lily wrote:
I was watching American Beauty the other day and I totally agree with those who said Thora Birch for Lily. It's not a very Lily-like character in the movie but I can see it. She's dark, got attitude and can pull off comedy. Plus she's only twenty-four so she could play Lily, who is sixteen in the beginning and around twenty-one by the end.

Not to mention the fact that she looks like the type who'd fuck Minty Fresh and Ray.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darquewillow_Lily

Okay, here's my argument for John Krasinski. He's the one on the left and on the right is Charlie from here and the "A Very Cool Cartoon" thread.

Last edited by Darquewillow_Lily on Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mort

Drool worthy just doesnt do them justice! (wish we had a drooling emoticon)

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Click

Charlie reminds me very much of Arthur Dent, so I would choose Martin Freeman for Charlie. The screen play should be written by that Chris Moore guy.....you know, the one who wrote the book. Tim Burton is way too dark for this. I am not sure who I would choose, but I do know I would not choose Mr Burton.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Aubie

Sal wrote:
I thought Orlando Bloom would be perfect for Charlie. He's just skinny and geeky and all around a goofball.

Oh god no! <Shrieks at thought of Elizabeth Town flashbacks!>

Make it stop! Make it stop!!

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Darquewillow_Lily

Aubie wrote:
Sal wrote:
I thought Orlando Bloom would be perfect for Charlie. He's just skinny and geeky and all around a goofball.

Oh god no! <Shrieks at thought of Elizabeth Town flashbacks!>

Make it stop! Make it stop!!

Orlando Bloom? Orlando Bloom?! I'm right there awith you, Aubie. The thought of Legolas as Charlie...I can't even think of it.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mort

legolas......*sighs*.....just as drool worthy.............

-----BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY!

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

<temporary thread-jack ON>

I wonder if anyone will make a movie out of the Harvard Lampoon's Bored of the Rings...

<temporary thread-jack OFF>

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

mllefifi wrote:

I wonder if anyone will make a movie out of the Harvard Lampoon's Bored of the Rings...

Now that I'd like to see!

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Click

mllefifi wrote:

Why ruin something that is perfect? Or should I just quote Gimlet with "Bets?"

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: