Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job Movie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FattyFattyPorkFace

mllefifi wrote:

<temporary thread-jack OFF>

Is that a demand? Shocked

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
mllefifi wrote:

<temporary thread-jack OFF>

Is that a demand? Shocked

Actually, it's a unicorn. You must have missed it! Cool

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

Flash of genius here: John Lithgow as the Emperor.

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Heather Chandler

I saw this topic, I couldn't hold back from giving my opinions...

Charlie: Matthew Broderick. I can totally picture him in this role. He already played a Beta Male in The Stepford Wives, and I think he's adorable. He's a little older, but, meh...

Sophie Asher: Elle Fanning

Lily: Christina Ricci. Pale skin, dark hair, gothic looking Italian. Christina fits the bill fairly well.

Minty Fresh: I'll go with Mos Def, or maybe Orlando Jones

Ray Macy: Brad Garrett

Jane: Sharon Stone. She's hot and she's a decent actress.

Yeah, I'm not sure for the other characters.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jstevens

Charlie: I definatly agree with Matthew Broderick. He would be the best I think because he has a small head, which makes him look more diminutive than Cusack. I think he's more of a Beta anyway.

Sophie: Pick an unknown couple of kids, sophie doesn't deliver that many important lines.

Lily: Zooey Deschanel I think is a wonderful choice also.

Minty Fresh: For some reason while reading the book I kept picturing Minty as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Its probably because he's a 7ft black man, but I pictured him as an older dude too. I think he would be a kick ass pick for Mr. Fresh.

Ray Macy: Brad Garrett is a good choice, but I'd like to see kevin nealon too. His UGLY website girl jokes might come off a little to creepy though.

Emperor: John Lithgow is the man for the job for sure.

Morrigan + Orcus: No Idea

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

i dunno what about Morgan Freeman? cant he be in something?

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tim bar Levi

RedOrcaMoon wrote:
i dunno what about Morgan Freeman? cant he be in something?

Morgan Freeman is not tall enough to be Minty...i like the idea of Kareem Abdul Jabaar...but Minty has a big role and could Kareem pull it off....????

as far as movies go....let's get Lamb on the big screen first...i loved Dirty Job but nothing AG has written can top Lamb....IMHO

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Once again, ADJ is more filmable for the big screen, not to mention having 'blockbuster' written all over it (and, no, I don't mean it will be straight-to-video). Tim, I think there was some discussion about doing Lamb as a mini-series for HBO or Showtime, but not sure whatever came of that.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sgt_steve

PhotoGuy, Susan, Sara Leigh and I have conferred. It's gotta be the Coen Brothers.

You may now return to the original discussion.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tim bar Levi

Joelibris wrote:
Once again, ADJ is more filmable for the big screen, not to mention having 'blockbuster' written all over it (and, no, I don't mean it will be straight-to-video). Tim, I think there was some discussion about doing Lamb as a mini-series for HBO or Showtime, but not sure whatever came of that.

Joe...i guess i don't follow you on how ADJ would be a blockbuster over Lamb and how it would be more filmable...i would think that the sewer harpies would be pretty hard to recreate even with today's special effects (granted, i have my own idea of what they would look like) and i would also think the squirrel people would not be the easiest to recreate either...actually i would love to see all of AG's books on film...and i do like the idea of Lamb being a mini-series simply because you could include the whole book...i am new here so i apologize for bringing up old issues

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Tim, the reason Lamb is better as a mini than a movie is that it isn't exactly "The Passion", and most folks (especially in the south) feel that God had no sense of humor, and wouldn't get the jokes. Kevin Smith knows this for a fact, as Dogma made, like $12 in the south.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tim bar Levi

Joelibris wrote:
Tim, the reason Lamb is better as a mini than a movie is that it isn't exactly "The Passion", and most folks (especially in the south) feel that God had no sense of humor, and wouldn't get the jokes. Kevin Smith knows this for a fact, as Dogma made, like $12 in the south.

ok Joe...no doubting that the south takes their religion seriously...but their are a lot of people like me that were raised strict Christians that would understand the humor...and most of the humor rides on Biff's shoulders so it is really not an attack on God per se...at least in me eyes...i think there are enough atheists, agnostics, and modern day Christians that would find the movie or mini-series to be hysterical as the book is...i guess the only way to find out would be to put it on film and wait for the reaction....

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

I'd rather see it as a mini...could you imagine the fundamentalists putting protesters in front of every ones home who's watching it? The could march in front of a theater too easily.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tim bar Levi

i guess i am just too liberal to comprehend someone picketing a theater over a comedy...AG does a great job at the end of Lamb in explaing the reasons he wrote the book and a testimony as to his not questioning the faith of anyone...i would like to hope the religious right could take that movie for what it would be...a simply comedy...but i know that is a pipe dream...and i don't have HBO or Cinemax....

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Thats what dvd or friends with vcr's are for...

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: