Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

My Dirty Job Daily Show Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Joelibris

Re: Little Blind Boy  Reply with quote  

Thespeia wrote:
Laveric wrote:
Re: oprah's book club.

None of Chris' books are depressing enough to be on that list. Maybe if he wrote a book about a boy going blind then having his eyes poked with sticks he might get on there. Somehow it is not a club I think I really want to see him join.

The only probelm with AG writing a book about a boy going blind then having his eyes poked with sticks is that he'd make it funny. He made Death (not Deth like the Mega version) hysterical. Oprah would read the jacket, think his book is all sad and depressing and convoluted (she does so adore the convolusion), then, when she's actually read it and laughed, she'll be quite put out because it was funny. Sad confused Oprah. Crying or Very sad

And then she'd require more pie. And poor Steadman, in the kitchen, rolling pastry dough, seriously considering Sudafed-ing the apple glaze, just to have an hour's peace.*

* Sorry to keep borrowing the Oprah, Steadman, Pie deal, AG; but it was comic GOLD, and I can't help but mine it out.

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jpurser

It's too bad the AG's publishers did not do the advance work to get him booked on Imus while he was in the NYC area.. An appearance on Imus sells books, lots of books.

It's very difficult to get an author on these shows. Oddly enough I think the "death" theme of ADJ would have appealed to Bernie and Don if properly presented, but I've been out of showbiz for > thirty years, so what the hell do I know?

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Queen Geek

Jon Stewart loves authors. On the Daily Show website, he even has a link specifically for all the authors he interviews.

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mllefifi

If not "Daily Show," why not "Fresh Air"  Reply with quote  

Hi, y'all,

I was now just trying to check the archives of the NPR radio program "Fresh Air" to see if there had been an interview with the AG, but came up with zilch. I think His Nineness would make a great interview-subject for that radio program (yes, I know he doesn't read, but Terry Gross doesn't have to make him read, and he does great interviews, anyway). Here's the URL for contacting NPR:

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Queen Geek

I put in my two cents' worth. I hope they put him on...that would be one hilarious interview.

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lynn

Okay, I'm in on the Daily Show thing. I'll get right to it, but let's start a campaign to Oprah as well.
Here's the link.

Not so much to get AG on the show as to cause general mischief and mayhem. Then post your emails here.

Post Fri May 12, 2006 12:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Ok, I sent an email to the Daily Show. I made sure my Brit spelling was included so that they understand they're not dealing with another American Twisted Evil and I promised to be their bitch...which I then retracted.

Post Fri May 12, 2006 1:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lynn

I promised to work harder so I could have more money to buy the fine products advertised on their show. I always go for the bottom line.

Post Sat May 13, 2006 12:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lisa M

Re: If not "Daily Show," why not "Fresh Air&q  Reply with quote  

mllefifi wrote:
Hi, y'all,

I was now just trying to check the archives of the NPR radio program "Fresh Air" to see if there had been an interview with the AG, but came up with zilch. I think His Nineness would make a great interview-subject for that radio program (yes, I know he doesn't read, but Terry Gross doesn't have to make him read, and he does great interviews, anyway). Here's the URL for contacting NPR:

CM has been on NPR, on Talk of the Nation. I think he'd be brilliant as a guest on Wait,Wait Don't Tell Me, particularly on the "Not my job" segment.

waitwait@npr.org

Post Sat May 13, 2006 3:12 am   View user's profile Send private message
DanaMichelle

jon vs chris  Reply with quote  

I am too exhausted to be witty, but here is my best attempt. Here is what I posted:

Is it possible that Jon Stewart might have a match to his wit? I was at a booksigning with the extremely sarcastic and hilarious author, Christopher Moore, and after years of watching and loving Jon's humor, I think he may have met his match. Except that they haven't actually met. Yet. Which is where YOU come in, the omnipotent Comedy Central help window.

Post Sat May 13, 2006 7:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KatarinaNavane

done! My message was very respectful and whatnot, i figure they'll get plenty of eccentric requests from you guys

http://katarinanavane.deviantart.com

http://katarinanavane.etsy.com

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Joelibris

I think now it is a bit late for ADJ, but maybe they'll line him up for an appearance for the BSF sequel...

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

Or spanking. I don't know why, but I'd probably pay to see Jon Stewart spanking Chris or vice versa. Why? Because it sounds funny. Shut up.

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Joelibris

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Or spanking. I don't know why, but I'd probably pay to see Jon Stewart spanking Chris or vice versa. Why? Because it sounds funny. Shut up.

Fuck, and I thought I was the only sexual deviant on the board...

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mllefifi

Joelibris wrote:
FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:

Fuck, and I thought I was the only sexual deviant on the board...

Not really. A sexual deviant would want to see Jon and Chris spank a certain person (??) named Ann. (What with, that's up to the imaginative reader to decide...)

Last edited by mllefifi on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: