Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Who had 'tiny bears' when they were a kid?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
y

nah...he didn't 'rock'...he was just a hamster.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

whats a tiny bear???
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

I didn't have tiny bears. I had two goldfish that got overfed by my cousin. We had to flush them down the toilet. I still am sour about that sometimes... T_T

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lisa M

I have no idea what the tiny bears are/were. I had a real fleece bear named Edward Bear. He finally disintegrated in the wash.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

tiny bears=hamsters

hehe

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Our family always had dogs when I was growing up. I remember a cocker spaniel, but the name escapes me; a collie named Lad; a miniature black poodle named Kam (short for Kamehameha) and a cockerpoo named Lani (short for Liliuokalani -- we had been stationed in Hawaii for several years when my father was active army); and a couple of later dogs came into the house after I moved away. One was a lab-mix, I think, named Sissy, who, whenever I visited home, would run under the furniture and piss on the floor. (Don't know whether she was just neurotic, or whether I have the special effect on certain animals...)

Anyway, my mother would always collapse boxes on the floor in the kitchen to make them fit into the trash can, and whenever that happened, Kam especially would come and bark and try to rescue the box. Kam also liked to jump the wire fence in the back yard. Once he apparently got into a fight with another dog while on one of his outings and came home with a punctured lung. Air from his lung had escaped into the layers under his skin; and after his whole torso got wrapped in a stretch bandage to heal, his head had this kind of crinkly feel to it when you patted it, because there was still air under the skin there for weeks. Eeeeewwww....

Lani was very protective, especially of my mother; I really wish we could have cloned her. I used to tease her (Lani) by acting like I was making a sneak attack, and then Lani would growl and bark at me. In 1994, I think, my mother (a widow by that time) had to have colon-cancer surgery and hip surgery within a few months of each other, and apparently those things made Lani very sad. My mother had to have her put to sleep.

For a time we kids also had some guinea pigs. The only one whose name I recall was my Caractacus, whom I found in his cage one day stiff as a board. I was so upset, and I buried him in the back yard. Once, when one of the other (earlier) guinea pigs was (very) pregnant, my younger sister was trying to carry her with one or two of the others at the same time and accidentally dropped the mother-to-be on the cement floor. She (the guinea pig, not my sister) turned out to be all right afterwards, apparently, except that one of her eyes was big and bright read for a while. Eeeeewwww....

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lisa M

Vahlee wrote:
tiny bears=hamsters

hehe

Oh, fine. So I totally missed that one. Embarassed
I had a hamster once. My mother thought it was dead and buried it, then spent about a month wondering if it had been hibernating and if so, she had murdered it.

Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

One winter our furnace broke down and it got REALLY cold inside. Snickers and Precious were DEAD. Until about and hour after the heat came back on, then they were back to makin' the wheel squeak and stuffing so much chow in their cheeks they looked like fat lil furry cobras.

Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: