Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Who ya callin' a "mooron?"

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Decision

Who ya callin' a "mooron?"  Reply with quote  

I plan to be at the Harrison, NY event tonight. Maybe you can "pretend" to read but really spew forth random tripe. Kinda like the kid with the copy of MAD magazine in his textbook (yes, this dates me.)

Author Guy reading and signing books? Good enough for me!

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Re: Who ya callin' a "mooron?"  Reply with quote  

Decision wrote:
I plan to be at the Harrison, NY event tonight. Maybe you can "pretend" to read but really spew forth random tripe. Kinda like the kid with the copy of MAD magazine in his textbook (yes, this dates me.)

Author Guy reading and signing books? Good enough for me!

Spew forth random tripe? Almost sounds like a backhanded compliment to me...

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Katy O

Those pants don't make your butt look big at all!

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Brenda

Just got back from the Westchester Not Reading  Reply with quote  

We had a splendid time watching Chris not read a specially prepared piece just for the occasion. Just for the record he could be hysterical just drinking water.

Chris did you actually read or just make stuff up? Anyway it was highly entertaining and worth the trip.

Thanks Again

Brenda

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Decision

Agree with that - that piece could be published...  Reply with quote  

Unbelievably funny piece on "reading while not reading" - or was it the other way around. Reminded me a bit of the great Woody Allen short essay "My Speech to the Graduates." Any chance AG could post it here on the board as a gift to his fans?

Terrific, intimate evening last night. The one downer was the author who read from his new book that's told from the perspective of - I kid you not - a tortoise. Seriously. From the chapter he read, I think it may be the most boring f'ing book ever published. Really.

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
mandi

ditto on The Historic Reading. i actually asked him to publish it on his blog. my exact words were "they'd love it!" ... still can't believe he went to the Kid Eaten by Bear place. *cringe*

i completely confused a kindly couple with the whole "boardello" thing. and due to being one of the first to get my books signed, i didn't want to make everyone wait and ask for a photo op. which i immediately regretted. poo.

and AG was quite gracious & understanding about my eccentric request for "to lisa" on one book and "to mandi" on the other, and about my embarrassment over admitting "lamb" as my soul object. hee.

he's, like, the Coolest Guy Ever. even if he doesn't read.

ditto on the turtle dood ... major yawn!

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: