Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

So freaking high - I love my life!!!!!!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Spike

So freaking high - I love my life!!!!!!  Reply with quote  

I am on such a freaking high it's unreal. I have so much I want to say that this blog properbly won't make much sence I'm just buzzing so much. No drugs or Alcohol involved.
Today was the Charity Auction that I have spent a few months orginising on and off. My association and I wrote away to celebrities to ask if they would donate some goodies that we could auction off, to raise money for a mental health orginisation. We got a fantastic response. We had about 30 odd things to auction off in the end, which we split into 21 lots.

A GMTV goodie bag that contains: A T-towel; A baseball shirt (large); A Silver key ring and a biro
The Nation's Favourite Poems ed and signed by Griff Rhys Jones
A white Adidas top signed by Steve Redgrave
Signed photos from the cast of Holby City
Who wants to be a millionaire signed by Chris Tarrant
Sign picture of Matthew Pinsent
The Breath of Life program signed by Dame Judy Dench
2x Signed pictures of Dale Winton
Signed picture of Emma Thompson
Signed picture of John Clesse
2x signed pictures of Sterling Moss
Jackie Stewart's principles of performance diving signed by Jackie Stewart
Harry Potter and the chamber of Secrets read and signed by Stephan Fry
Signed picture of Hugh Laurie
Signed picture of Frank Skinner
The Game: Collected Works of Frank Skinner signed by Frank Skinner
A signed picture of Ewan Mcgregor
Last night I barely slept because I was freaking out. I didn't think anyone would come, and we would make no money what so ever. How wrong was I?! I thought we would only make about 100-150 if we were lucky. So we started the auction, after the DSU Annual Dinner, and things went really well. We sold everything, which I was really suprised at.

I did a count up of monies at the end of the night. No kidding we made 302.50. I an chuffed to bit. I didn't think I could raise that sorta money. And what a high to go out on at the end of my year of office. The association will keep about 50-75 pounds, the rest will go to a mental health project that is trying to get the british media be be more positive towards those with mental health difficulties.

Also tonight I recieved an HML (Honnory Life Membership) to DSU. Which is a very high award. This was in recognisition of all my work this year. And I've loved every minute of it. And what really amazed me was I got a standing ovation. Tonights been amazing I was stoked.

Did see the end of the English match. As soon as it went to penalties I knew that we had lost it. And I don't watch football. I took the bus back up to my house, and hated the fact that 1. I was in a evening dress 2. Everyone was drunk and dissapointed with the results.

I hate being around people who are drunk, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. I couldn't even smile or phone anyone about my great night, because there was a feel of violence in the air. I was sitting on the bus freaking out. I was so glad to get of the bus.

Even so this could not ruin my mood. I was happy as. And I wore a dress. I don't wear dress'. I havn't since I was 18, and I'm 24 in 17 days. And it felt good, I felt good, and everyone thought I felt good.

Although I am glad to have finished my degree and getting out of Durham, I have to admit that there are going to be people i miss, I almost cried at one point. I'm going to miss a lot of things about Durham. I hadn't realised how much I have grown to love Durham over the past year.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: