Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Re: Dartmouth, Mass and Onward

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lauren

Re: Dartmouth, Mass and Onward  Reply with quote  

Damn that Hillary, she's hiding just off camera in several shots there. I'm camera shy, she's not, and yet she managed to strategically keep herself out of the lens. (She's standing beside John in the Thunderdome pic (behind the woman in the aqua and white shirt), and you can see her wrist in another. And her hair on the far left, front row in the barbed-wire stars shot. That gives you a bit of a composite Hillary, I guess, but not enough for a full image.)

At least the camera didn't catch me mid-sneeze or with some other strange expression on my face, like most cameras do. I think I must have pissed off a photographer or a painter in a past life.

It was an excellent signing - the weather finally warmed up, a nice crowd turned out, and the people at Baker Books were awesome. Wicked awesome, even. If I lived closer, I'd be in there all the time - it's a cool store.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Hillary

Voodoo queen.  Reply with quote  

Yeah. That's me. I'm pretty rockin'.

The signing was excellent. Author Guy was funny, and I've decided he's one of my favorite people. Not nearly as cool as David Beckham (who's he again?), but I like him anyway. Wink

I don't recall having a camera in my face at any point. So it really is just by chance that I avoided being photographed. Which is just ducky in my book. Lauren can be the glory hog this time. She looked cute anyway.

Life be grand.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Think insane.

Yeah, well, while you two where there being all cool and hobnobbing with the Author Guy, I got to go to work. Yes, I know you envy me and the fact that while you guys were off having FUN, I was competing in the Lunatic Rodeo. Don't be jealous though, it just means that Jesus likes me better.

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John

Well, I am back from my vacation and I am still married. Will wonders never cease?

I left my wife and kids up in the White Mountains on our family vacation and drove 5 hours down to Dartmouth to see the Author Guy. It was a great turnout and on top of seeing Chris, who is a really great guy and a good speaker, I also saw Lauren and Hillary (I didn't actually see them on top of Chris, although I wasn't watching them the whole time). The one person I expected to see but didn't was Think. He had some lame excuse about having to work or something. Come on, Think, get your priorities straight!

I actually dragged my Dad down to this thing and spent some time with him (which I think is the reason why my wife wasn't too upset with me). The good thing about it was I got to spend some quality time with my Dad, the bad part was that I had to be on my best behavior with Hillary and Lauren. Therefore, there were no body shots off of Lauren and there was no Hillary-Lauren sandwich with me in the middle.

Oh well, there is always next time.

Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lauren

Quote:
Therefore, there were no body shots off of Lauren and there was no Hillary-Lauren sandwich with me in the middle.

Could you imagine the tour pics section of CM's site if there had been?

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: