Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

i emerge from my chrysalis, fully formed... with pie!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
waxingpoetical

i emerge from my chrysalis, fully formed... with pie!  Reply with quote  

hello all! as you can see, i'm new here (please be gentle). i tend to be a bit of a forumwhore, so i imagine you'll see me popping all over the place from now on. though my grammar and language usage is usually excellent, i have the odd quirk of never capitalizing (except for proper nouns), so there's fair warning.

i am addicted to both pirates and ninjas, and of course the elusive pirate-ninja-bunny. i read a lot of webcomics, i read a lot of books, i read a lot of shampoo bottles. i read a lot of EVERYTHING.

i am wacky, i am quirky, and i'm just downright weird. i have perfected the art of receiving odd looks and am now working on mastering chaos-fu (the art of performing an action that causes another seemingly unrelated action to occur, i.e. making a face at someone and having their head explode).

i have currently been spending my spare time designing and constructing a chris moore trap, baited with doughnuts, as he kindly informed the audience at his April 18th reading in Harrison, NY that if one were to construct a trap for him, one would be wise to use doughnuts as bait. so far i have tried glazed and boston creme. tomorrow i move on to the powdered jelly-filled kind. i have also been developing a chris moore repellant, which consists of a podium, a spotlight, a soundsystem, and a three-page speech, as he was also kind enough to inform us, frequently, that he does not read... as he read.

when i am not being silly and constructing imaginary devices, i enjoy randomly bringing up slightly related but obscure trivia facts in conversation. as well as integrating equally obscure mythological references into daily life. my greatest joys are gummy bears and orange gatorade.

i also talk a lot (as if you haven't guessed already). well, i guess that's sufficiently informative and yet somehow frustratingly vague. ta!

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DanaMichelle

Welcome!

Chris did NOT read in Harrison. He doesn't read, you are mistaken. Smile

Secondly, who doesn't love pirate-ninja-bunnies?

Glad to meet you!

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lib

dear Wax,

welcome to the broadello. avatar's cute but incorrect. Razz

btw, nice post! it gave me my first laugh today.

Lib

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

*baits waxing trap with a bottle of orange Gatorade and a bag of gummy bears.*

<<<SNAPP!!!>>>

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Don't tell him about the strip search. I want THAT to be a surprise!

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Leea

Hey Waxy! Que pasa?

By the way, HAHA, someone thought you were a guy. This makes me titter.

Oh, and your avatar is delish.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Joelibris

Leea wrote:
Hey Waxy! Que pasa?

By the way, HAHA, someone thought you were a guy. This makes me titter.

Oh, and your avatar is delish.

You know gay people are easily cornfused. My bad. But honestly, never knew a chick could be THAT geeky! Razz

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Junior Elan

Hey, it's another noob! (Us newbies gotta stick together!) It's definitely humor in here, don't mind Joelibris, he hasn't been the same since he found out the last cavity he searched was his own (just kidding maybe).

Hey, so how many noobs does it take to join before we're not ones anymore??

see ya, Junior

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Junior Elan wrote:

Hey, so how many noobs does it take to join before we're not ones anymore??

see ya, Junior

read the rules thread...has NOTHING to do with how many noobs appear.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
waxingpoetical

wow, thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Joelibris wrote:
You know gay people are easily cornfused. My bad. But honestly, never knew a chick could be THAT geeky! Razz

we are?

psht, i INVENTED geeky.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

waxingpoetical wrote:
wow, thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Joelibris wrote:

we are?

psht, i INVENTED geeky.

Whoa. Could it be I've lost my true uniqueness as the sole 'mo on the Boardello?

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
waxingpoetical

Joelibris wrote:
Whoa. Could it be I've lost my true uniqueness as the sole 'mo on the Boardello?

could be, mcman-pants.

okay, i have no idea where mcman-pants came from, but when i figure it out, i'll send it back with a post-it saying "NEVER COME BACK".

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
y

Hi.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Welcome, noobs. Now gimme 20.  Reply with quote  

Welcome, Noobs. We're always ready for new faces around here, be they herero-, homo-, ambi-, or a-. No matter the orientation, be prepared to take ribbing about it.

Check the rules and give them all the respect they deserve.

You can learn more about us than we know ourselves in the Who's Who forum, especially

If you'd like to tell us more about yourself those are great items to get you going.

Restrict spoilers about 'A Dirty Job' to that specific forum.

Don't swoon about Jeff's accent (he hates that), do swoon about Hillary's and Lib's avatars. Watch out for the pica stick, thagomizer and stubor. Don't drink the kool-aid (no matter what J? says), indulge in the pie, and watch out for the pudding cannon. Don't tease y about her remedial nudity. And worship Ken; he's the guy who keeps all the hardware and software going.

We're smart, we're zany, we're way off kilter (and off-color), but we're mostly harmless. Except for Joelibris. He's completely harmless.

So - stack, strip, and start postin'. If hyou don't, we might have to call She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: