Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Mo Beta Male

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kianu

Mo Beta Male  Reply with quote  

So I've been listening to men talking about ADJ and how much they are a "Beta Male." This book is becoming the new Bible of the Beta Male population of the unswivelized world. "I'm such a Beta Male that I'm the king of Beta Males," "I'm the proto-type for the Beta Male," "there's no one more Beta Male than me." It's now hip to be a Beta Male, so much so that they can each visualize themselves swinging from vines, gruntin' and scatchin' as they lead the Beta Males to Beta Male Land. "So does that make them Alpha Betas" asked Junior Elan. My response, "yup, the Alpha Beta is leading the way down the aisle to the frozen turkeys for a little midnight bowling."

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zevon

Re: Mo Beta Male  Reply with quote  

Kianu wrote:
So I've been listening to men talking about ADJ and how much they are a "Beta Male." This book is becoming the new Bible of the Beta Male population of the unswivelized world. "I'm such a Beta Male that I'm the king of Beta Males," "I'm the proto-type for the Beta Male," "there's no one more Beta Male than me." It's now hip to be a Beta Male, so much so that they can each visualize themselves swinging from vines, gruntin' and scatchin' as they lead the Beta Males to Beta Male Land. "So does that make them Alpha Betas" asked Junior Elan. My response, "yup, the Alpha Beta is leading the way down the aisle to the frozen turkeys for a little midnight bowling."

Somwhere in all this there has to be a joke about The Master Beta.

Where the hell's my pointy stick, I feel the sudden urge to go poke at a big hairy bulldozer.

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Cy Guy

A new study on the success of beta males in the animal world has just been published - story about it here.

Post Sat May 06, 2006 8:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

Which just goes to show that scientists are not the best judge of what females of any species see as good mating material.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun May 07, 2006 1:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elliot

but isn't admitting to be a beta that in itself a disillusion to betaness? remember the beta male will never actually consider himself a beta.

My Twitter is twittering!

Post Sun May 07, 2006 7:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tarty

Elliot wrote:
but isn't admitting to be a beta that in itself a disillusion to betaness? remember the beta male will never actually consider himself a beta.

Very true. My better half, who also read and loved the book would never think of himself as a "beta male". But I know beta

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: