Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

The history behind the name

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BIGjuevos

The history behind the name  Reply with quote  

Ok, I'm going to explain to everyone where the origin of my nick came from.

When I was really young, my Aunt Viviana would call me her little man with "big juevos." Which when translated into english in that context means big balls. And for those who still aren't following, I was a very daredevilish kind of child. So I decided to turn my childhood name into my nickname on this board, because I still view myself as someone woith big balls. I usually like to bite off more than i can chew, but I have fun during the process.

OK, not that y'all wanted to know, now you do!

http://www.foamuniverse.com

Post Tue May 02, 2006 5:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goudron

Re: The history behind the name  Reply with quote  

BIGjuevos wrote:
I usually like to bite off more than i can chew, but I have fun during the process.

I just KNOW there's some way to work in a bad joke combining big balls and that sentence, but I'm too lazy to do it.

Post Wed May 03, 2006 8:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BIGjuevos

Goudron wrote:
BIGjuevos wrote:
I usually like to bite off more than i can chew, but I have fun during the process.

I just KNOW there's some way to work in a bad joke combining big balls and that sentence, but I'm too lazy to do it.

Thanks, that was just a really complex way way to say that I think before I type, and I have a really big ego, so I hate to admit it.

Post Wed May 03, 2006 8:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jynnantonix

Yes, but are they rancheros or just plain old scrambled?

Post Thu May 04, 2006 5:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu May 04, 2006 6:54 am   View user's profile Send private message
BIGjuevos

Jynnantonix wrote:
Yes, but are they rancheros or just plain old scrambled?

Oddly enough scrambled, sometime sunny side up though - never ranchero, that isnt MExican.

Post Thu May 04, 2006 7:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DanaMichelle

BIGjuevos wrote:
my Aunt Viviana would call me her little man with "big juevos." Which when translated into english in that context means big balls.

The english equivalent to that, BIG, would be "brass balls" or "ballsy". Meaning tougher than you look. I think that most of us, however, knew what Big Juevos meant. But thanks for clearing it up for those of us who didn't. Cool

Post Fri May 05, 2006 1:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: