Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Just finished A Dirty Job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Spoons

Nahhhh, I only joined so I could kiss ass with my one single post in hopes that Christopher Moore makes it into a book. No need for any more posts after that. Razz

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tim bar Levi

i just finished this book in two sittings...the beginning was kind of slow but character development needs time...the first time i exploded with laughter is when Charlie learns of Minty's name...from then on it was giggle after giggle...but i will say i was suprised by the sudden ending...even though Audrey saves Charlies soul...i did not want him to die...i became endeared to Sophie....in fact i fell in love with the little bundle of death....AG has put himself in a spot now where he will have to write some kind of sequel...like Lustlizard begat The Studidest Angel....i want to see Charlie and Audrey reunited with Sophie...

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FiFi21Cool

i just finished like 5 min ago and i cried!
i couldn't believe charlie died! but i dont understand why his soul was put in one of the lil animal ppl
can someone explain that for me please?

besides that i absoloutly LOVE it! Very Happy it has to be the best book ever written
better the Lord of the Rings and all those other ones

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mort

Audrey put his soul into that little creatures until the right body came along so that she could then transfer his soul into that. I'm not sure I'm correct on this but I think the whole point of that was so Charlie wouldnt lose all his memories and all his for lack of a better word "charlie-ness" when another person recieved his soul.

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FiFi21Cool

i think there should be a book # 2 on this!
like what happens when charlie gets a new body, sees sophie after so long and like a new danger!
that would make me SO HAPPY lol

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mort

MOST DEFINATLY!!!

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FiFi21Cool

i cried when charlie died!
why did he die? b/c of the macha? (sp)
like when she slashed him

and why did the morrigans help out charlie and do u know if they were gonna kill them?

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mllefifi

Charlie's soul didn't die. That's what's important.

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
FiFi21Cool

true but it was sad
but like i said mr. moore should write a #2 book to that so we find out wut happens

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AustinJoe

I just finished this read and I LOVED IT. It was my first book from Mr. Moore, and I cant wait to read you suck next. Good shit!

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jillopy

AustinJoe wrote:
I just finished this read and I LOVED IT. It was my first book from Mr. Moore, and I cant wait to read you suck next. Good shit!

You should read Blood Sucking Fiends before You Suck.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
Blue Angel

Okay, I have discovered posting naked while sitting on a stack of Moore novels proving to be most precarious as I am attempting to do this while at my office. I just cannot understand why my co-workers keep walking by my office and shaking their heads in utter disbelief. Narrow-minded, conforming bastards! Have they never seen someone so dedicated to following the rules before??

Mr. Moore, I will say that I truly enjoyed your book (and it's timing was most perfect as my beta-male friend Brad just had his first baby!) and I could almost imagine him looking for a tail on little Abigail.

Anyway, I picked up "Practical Demonkeeping" at lunch and look forward to more fun.

And if anyone criticizes Mr. Moore again why I will...well, let's just say it won't be pretty!

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: