Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Newbie on the floor...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lord_Chimmy

Newbie on the floor...  Reply with quote  

Hi, I'm Lord Chimmy. The origin of the self-imposed title of Lord is a bit complicated, but suffice it to say that I am making a mockery of my own self-importance. I'm a 32 year old laboratory researcher, and I'm tired of my job. I never intended being a slave to science, but I made a few wrong turns after college, and here I am.

I was turned onto CM books by Amazon.com. I was looking for something to read in between Tom Robbins novels, and Amazon suggested Moore to me. That was friendly of Amazon! Chris quickly became one of my favorite authors, and after my copy of The Stupidest Angel 2.0 arrives in the mail I'll own all of his books. I'm an avid reader. In the last two years I've spent nearly $1,300 at Barnes & Noble (and that is not the only place I purchase books). Someone told me that I need to get a library card, but I like my bookshelves being full.

When I'm not reading I'm writing. And, when I'm not writing I'm working. And, when I'm not working I'm hiking. And, when I'm not hiking I'm usually drinking beer and filling my head with delusions of grandeur (perhaps that makes me a beta male...I'm not ready to confess). Eventually I'll write a book of my own (one of those things to do before I die), but it is difficult to make the transition from BORING scientific writing to ENTERTAINING fiction.

That's a little about me. If I stick around long enough maybe you'll get to know me better, but I must warn you that I'm fairly secretive. I have a tendency to write everything down which has drawn one or two references to that "guy in Seven" who kept all those notebooks...the comparison is warranted only in that I have a lot of notebooks. I have yet to kill anyone.

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lord_Chimmy

Teaching is an admirable occupation.

I must confess, I don't really like Richmond all that much , but it is better than other places I have lived (I move a lot...being a wanderer).

I work within the confines of MCV. Academic research is reaaaaaaally boring. Not the type of thing I want to die doing...which is why I'm planning a career change in the near future.

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.
Re: Newbie on the floor...  Reply with quote  

Lord_Chimmy wrote:
I have yet to kill anyone.
Really? Then gets to stepping! Just kidding. Welcome Milord. XD

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
UnimportantLime

Welcome, newbie. Smile

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Sara Leigh

Blimey, we have a Lord in our midst!

I haven't been able to welcome all the newbies personally lately, but lucky you! Here I am. Read the rules (I'm assuming you have, being such an avid reader) and follow them all to the letter. Listen and obey, for I am the Charter Diva, former Grammar Lady, and all-around Board Mom. Twisted Evil

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lord_Chimmy

Thanks for the greetings everyone...

As for the rules (Sara Leigh)...I don't have a problem with posting nekkid. In fact, you've never seen a person who enjoys being nekkid as much as myself. However, sitting on a stack of CM books?! I'm afraid that just won't do. For one, that is a bit fruity for me (I would never be able to look CM in the eye if I ever ran into him). And, despite having the whole CM collection (minus one book that is in the mail) I'm afraid that sitting on the stack won't elevate me to a proper typing level.

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Welcome, Lord_Chimmy!

>>>I sat on my books, then I took them for the AG to sign when he was on tour.<<<

>>>snicker<<<

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message
y

Yes, welcome LC - just do as your told and all will be well.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

We don't get to choose which rules we follow, Lord_Chimmy. Twisted Evil

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tal

Lord_Chimmy wrote:

. And, despite having the whole CM collection (minus one book that is in the mail) I'm afraid that sitting on the stack won't elevate me to a proper typing level.

Thou shalt buy enough copies to elevate yourself to the proper typing level.

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

Re: Newbie on the floor...  Reply with quote  

Lord_Chimmy wrote:

When I'm not reading I'm writing. And, when I'm not writing I'm working. And, when I'm not working I'm hiking. And, when I'm not hiking I'm usually drinking beer and filling my head with delusions of grandeur (perhaps that makes me a beta male...I'm not ready to confess). Eventually I'll write a book of my own (one of those <b>things to do before I die</b>), but it is difficult to make the transition from BORING scientific writing to ENTERTAINING fiction.

It looks as though you and I have some similar hobbies, especially the one in which fillining ones head with delusions of grandeur. One of my favorite pastimes, especially when I am drinking beer!!

Don't worry about sitting on the books, you're going to end up buying more later. I had to buy several extra copies just so I could reach my keyboard.

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lord_Chimmy

Well, I recognize hazing when I see it. But, since so many others have seen my bare ass I don't see any good reason as to why I should deprive you folks...

Just for the record, I had to stack a few Bibles under the CM books to give me the proper elevation...so you're all going to hell with me.

Naked & Famous- Sometimes...if I drink enough beer...they don't even feel like delusions anymore.

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

Lord_Chimmy wrote:

Just for the record, I had to stack a few Bibles under the CM books to give me the proper elevation...so you're all going to hell with me.

Whats a bible?

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lisa

Welcome Lord.

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vahlee

By the way, why are you one the floor? don't you know it's dirty down there?

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: