Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Broken Hearts, a poll.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

How long does it take to get over a broken heart?
Broken hearts are like diamonds. Forever. You'll never get over it.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
You still have a broken heart? We don't even know the guy!
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
It's a little bit algebraic. You take the length of time you were together, divided by 2, add in the asshole factor, subtract 4 and convert that number to years. Yes years.
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
You have to meet somebody new.
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

Broken Hearts, a poll.  Reply with quote  

I probably should have put this on politics.

I'm going to go sing Neil Sedaka songs. Or Paul Anka ... one of the two ... or maybe not.

How can you mend ...

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lynn

I don't know. You didn't give me an I don't know option, so I can't vote.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Robb

I don't think you can get over it but you can learn from it. You learn how to be better at your next relationship and you learn what to avoid. All I can say is that it does in fact become bearable. Some days you will hardly think about the ex-whatever for more than a minute or so. If you find yourself later going "What the hell was wrong with me to have ever hooked up with that ass?" it was a mere (MERE?! HA!) infatuation and it will go away much faster. Either way good luck and keep your chin up and all that. You are after all among friends.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Like Robb said, the answer is that you never quite get over it. After almost 30 years of knowing my wife, I still have a tender spot for every woman I ever loved. Sometimes I'll go for years without thinking of them, and then an old song or place will bring it all rushing back.

You don't get over, but you do get better with time.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ferrit Leggings

Have a smoke, drink a beer, have a shot, read a book, go on to the next one. The past will always be there, but the future never comes. To be kind of cheesey - live for today.

FL

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Katy O

Cry when you feel like it -- it really helps.

Write about it. I've always found that cathartic. Then burn what you wrote.

Joe and I can rough him up for you if you want.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mllefifi

There are things that can break your heart besides love.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lara

I only had my heart romantically broken once and I am over it. In fact, I have fond memories of him now, even the drama part.

Ran into him that other day, spent a minute catching up with him. Felt nothing. Hope he does well with his new set of life plans. Wished him luck.

I think everone should have their heart romantically broken. You know, that jagged little pill.

I'm sitting here trying to remember how devastating the pain was and the memory is slippery, kind of like how some people don't "remember" the pain of childbirth which they say is why women willingly have more than one baby.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
suetu

As is often the case, I think I most agree with Steve.

I can imagine being a very, very old woman, and thinking about Michael (which I surely will) will still make me smile, and will forever make me feel sad. Terribly sad. But I'm moving on with life and time will make it easier.

Steve is lucky. He found a wonderful woman to spend the bulk of his life with. That certainly helps heal old wounds. Maybe one day you and I will be able to look back on a few decades with a wonderful man. I hope so. We deserve that.

For now, you have my empathy. I wish I could offer something...better.

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deb

suetu wrote:
As is often the case, I think I most agree with Steve.

I can imagine being a very, very old woman, and thinking about Michael (which I surely will) will still make me smile, and will forever make me feel sad. Terribly sad. But I'm moving on with life and time will make it easier.

Steve is lucky. He found a wonderful woman to spend the bulk of his life with. That certainly helps heal old wounds. Maybe one day you and I will be able to look back on a few decades with a wonderful man. I hope so. We deserve that.

For now, you have my empathy. I wish I could offer something...better.

Susan

like a machete? Very Happy

My heart has never been broken. My trust, my hopes, my dreams, yes. My heart? No. It was given honestly and fully. Though it was trampled on and spit at and shat upon by some of those who have been recipient and that I am still here, hopeful of another, means it is fine.

Love is a gift, and eventually one will understand that having given it freely it was theirs to do with as they pleased. Eventually the pain of this mistreatement turns into sadness for the emptiness that is their life for never knowing what it meant to have had someone love them so.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Joelibris

I prefer the ditch 'em 200 miles from home approach to mending a broken heart, then imagine him hustling to old fat guys just to make bus fare. But that's just me.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Boota

I'd recommend how I handled it, but it involves illegal pitfighting, massive amounts of alcohol, working for drug dealers, sleeping with as many women as possible, and nearly being killed several times. I hate to advocate that approach to anyone else, but it worked for me.

And it only took twelve years to heal. Smile

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

Brush it off Kinikkki

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

I have no advice except to be VERY good to you and let time do it's job. Lame, I know, but do indulge yourself in what makes you feel good.

((((knikkki))))))

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nallard

I prefer the seething vindictive path to mending a broken heart. Spread vicious rumours. Deflate tires. Anything short of a felony. It might not make you feel better, but at least you'll know they feel worse.

Seriously though I think a broken heart does mend. It may be cliche, but it just takes time. I had my heart terribly broken two years ago and it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I realized I could think about her without a twinge. The first year, eleven months and three weeks are the worst. After that it's easy.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: