Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Dirty JOb

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Abusa Power

Dirty JOb  Reply with quote  

I just finished the book last night. I thought it was one of the best books I have read in quite some time. I think it is ridiculous to tell an author that he/she should rewrite a portion of their work. Take art at face value, its much more enjoyable Twisted Evil Keep up the good work Chris. Its a Dirty job,but someone has to do it.

Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Welcome, Noob. We're always ready for new faces around here, especially the ones from the enchanted mitten. I live about 1/3 of the way across the base of the palm from Detroit, how about you? In any case, you should start by checking out the rules and giving them all the respect they deserve.

To see who (or what) we are, check out some of the items in Who's Who, especially

If you'd like to tell us more about yourself those are great items to get you going.

Restrict spoilers about 'A Dirty Job' to that specific forum. That's probably where future posts like this one should go, anyway.

Don't swoon about Julie's accent (Okies hate that), do over Lib's avatars. Watch out for the pica stick, thagomizer and stubor. Don't drink the kool-aid (no matter what Joe says), indulge in the pie, and watch out for the pudding cannon. If hit by it, say "Please, sir, I would like another."

We're wild, loony, way off kilter (and off-color), but mostly harmless. Except for Skunk. He's completely harmless. And ignore all the duplicate accounts FL has. They're just attempts to spend more time sitting around nude while posting.

So - stack, strip, and start postin'. And don't make me call She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Arioch

I'm not even close to being part of the bordello but damn, your great introductory post makes me want to be a noob. Can I start over? I have stack ready.... and look I have have a Dan Bern signature.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cause maybe I don't love you all that much - Dan Bern

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
sgt_steve

Sure thing. Anybody who quotes Dan Bern is 100% by me. I've seen him 3-4 times (his agent lives in town). Does a fine show. Charms the little kids, which is the last thing that I'd have expected. He got a half-dozen or so of them up on stage to dance while he played 'Jerusalem.'

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: