Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Another Tale, Another [MILLION] Laugh[s]

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ckfencer03

Another Tale, Another [MILLION] Laugh[s]  Reply with quote  

I didn't think it could get better than The Gospel According to Biff, but this comes darn close. [please note how much in retrospect this post is... I read this book the first week it came out....]

I really need to stop reading these books on airplanes though. Again, I laughed out loud so much that the little old lady sitting next to me told me to either contain myself or put the book away. Yes, it was kinda rude of her, but I told her to go home and buy the book and try not to laugh out loud while reading it.

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

That's all I'm sayin'. Even if you're rude, a dolt, a criminal -- buy the book and see for yourself. Hell, even if you're illiterate, buy the book and look at the cover. I think the message here is, buy the book yourself, grumpy old lady!

Thank you. Drive through please Smile

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Vahlee

I want a chocolate milkshake. And do you Have curly fries?

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ckfencer03

she was a grouchy old lady, but she did copy down name and author of the book and i made her write down Lamb as well, claiming it as one of my top 5 books of all time.

She kindof scowled at me on her way off the plane!

And to think, I gave her my peanuts.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
MrEMann

ckfencer03 wrote:

And to think, I gave her my peanuts.

That is going just a bit far in the humanitarian arena, don't ya think? Very Happy

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
ckfencer03

Yeah, well, I don't like them anyways. I thought it might make her a little happy.

For the record, Grouchy old women can never be happy[/quote]

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Truth is, you hoped she was allergic to nuts but didn't know it. Twisted Evil I love it that you can get peanuts on airplanes once again. So much better than those dry little pretzels.

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ckfencer03

okay, okay, fine, you got me, but she survived and would live to scoff at some other helpless literate person reading a funny book.

i wonder if that's her profession.... 'professional old lady who shushes people for laughing at books on airplanes'

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mlf

a wonderful job  Reply with quote  

I loved this book, my 2nd favorite after Lamb. I laughed, cried and just thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint: too short! Maybe Chris can reprise the characters in a sequel? A Dirtier Job? Surely the Forces of Darkness won't give up that easily!

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: