Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

A Big Fat THANK YOU! to Ken
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dawnavive

A Big Fat THANK YOU! to Ken  Reply with quote  

Hello everyone, I am Dawnavive and I would have announced myself earlier but for some reason or another I was unable to log on. Ken hooked me up, so thanks a bunch for that Ken!

I read ADJ and immediately I was hooked! I went out to my closest bookstore and bought everything they had by the AG. So now I am only missing The Stupidest Angel (both versions) and The Island of the Sequined Love Nun. It was so hard for me to decide which book to read first so I decided to read them in chronological order, that way I can also see how Chris progressed as a writer. Right now I am almost done Practical Demon Keeping.

Anyways, I am here now, would've been here a couple weeks ago but you know.... I think that with the delay I should get to bypass the stripsearch. Hey did I mention I brought pie? Laughing So let's get this overwith

By the way, I am another 'canuck' and I am here as part of the takeover.

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

Welcome. I read the books somewhat out of order, but saved the Pine Cove ones to read one after the other. It was fun to see the same characters over a period of time, and to recognize people from the other books as well. Any way you read them, you'll have a blast.

LIW

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
Naked and Famous

You have so much fun in store for you. You are going to love the books!

Welcome and I'll take a slice of pie!!

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

How gentle I am depends on the type of pie. Getting a free pass* on the strip search requires key lime in a graham cracker crust.

*This applies to the ladies only.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dawnavive

Well fortunately for you all my pies have a graham cracker crust, it's the only way to go. And coincedently I do have a keylime! Rolling Eyes I also have a blueberry (my favorite but I'll share) and a cheesecake with which ever topping you like. - man am I a suck up -

LostInWalmart wrote:
Welcome. I read the books somewhat out of order, but saved the Pine Cove ones to read one after the other. It was fun to see the same characters over a period of time, and to recognize people from the other books as well. Any way you read them, you'll have a blast.

LIW

If it's not too much trouble could you let me now which ones are all "the Pine Cove ones". As I said I am reading the first one now. I think I will continue on in my chronological order though. It's funny I ran out and bought all of them without really knowing what any of them were about, well except Lamb.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Joelibris wrote:
How gentle I am depends on the type of pie. Getting a free pass* on the strip search requires key lime in a graham cracker crust.

*This applies to the ladies only.

Don't fall for it. You can give him pie if you like, but it won't exempt you - Goudron is in charge of the noob divas' strip searches.

Now Goudron has never had a complaint. There are even rumors of some havingasked to be "re-searched". Twisted Evil

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

Dawn, the order to read them is like this:

Practical Demonkeeping

Island of the Sequined Love Nun ( not a Pine Cove book, but needed for background)

Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove

THEN, and only then, will you have what you need to read:

The Stupidest Angel, and V. 2.0

Oh, and thanks, Ginjg, she was about to hand off the pie when you tipped her!

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ginjg

you do deserve pie, but boy would she have been surprised.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
dawnavive

Well I don't have Island of the Sequined Love Nun so I think the next one I am going to read is Coyote Blue, if I am not mistaken that's the next one the AG wrote.

oh I see how it is Joelibris. anything you can do to get pie. tsk tsk, you should be ashamed of yourself. I still have the pie but I dunno about sharing....

oh thanks for the heads up Ginjg. Have a slice of blueberry Wink

So anyways Joelibris (I'm unsure of whether it's joe or joel so until I am sure your full name will be used), those are the Pine Cove ones? thanks.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

It is in fact "Joe".

The 'official' Pine Cove books are Practical Demonkeeping, Lust Lizard, and Angel. But to read Angel, you really shoud read Love Nun and Lamb first; as those two books give you a lot of history on two main characters in Angel.

If Chris likes a character he writes, he brings 'em back if he can. Minty Fresh started out in Coyote Blue, and got a much larger part in A Dirty Job. (Jody, from Bloodsucking Fiends makes a cameo there too.)

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dawnavive

Neato! (that's right I said it) I really liked Minty. And don't worry Joe I will read Love Nun and Lamb first (because they come first chronologically). I actually can't wait to read Lamb! Thanks again. Maybe there will be pie for you afterall.

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
Grey

Good God Dawn. you're a Moore virgin! what in heavens name are you doing becoming member if you havent read all the books yet?! How rude of me..Ladies and Gents of all ages I am" The Great and Powerful Grey", but by all means please call me Grey. :D

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
UnimportantLime

All this talk of Key Lime is making me think you guys are talking about me. But you're not. Razz

Welcome newbie!

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Welcome! Now where's Goudron?

Enjoy reading the rest of Chris' books!

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Goudron

Sorry, I was entertaining the French. Before that, I was blushing over Ginjg's "researched" comment. Embarassed

Now, Miss "Moore Virgin," latex or latex free gloves for your search?

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: