Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

board-compliant first post
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jojo

board-compliant first post  Reply with quote  

hi! i'm a newbie here (as you have already figured out), but not a newbie to Chris Moore's books. i first started reading them when i was searching for something to bring on my vacation to mexico... i randomly pulled out a book, looked at the back and read: "Jody never asked to become a vampire." considering my name is jody (and he even spelled it correctly... not a common thing, i assure you), and since the character was a vampire, i figured, how could it be bad? i've since read everything else i could get my little paws on!

and now, to address the rules of the board:

1-all posts in the next 3 months will be posted nakedly. unfortunately, that may cause me to lose my job, and thus i will be unable to afford my internet connection, so it's all relative...

2-i am currently sitting on a stack of bloodsucking love lizard lambs... or is that just a fluke? (*groan* i'm so sorry. that's no way to make a first impression AT ALL)

3-neither me nor my friends believe there is anything humorous in anything i write. it is the downside to being an attorney. i'll try though Wink

4-i'm 100% american, eh?

5-i have a lot of pets. i'm used to skittish things, though my experience with skittish authors is somewhat limited. again, i'll do my best

6-i'm married to an american. i've dated canadians in the past, but i'll deny it till my dying day.

7-i hereby promise to respect the buffy (even though i've never seen an episode in my life... it always conflicted with something else i watched).

8- Smile Smile Very Happy

9-i make it a habit to avoid politics in any public forum unless directly asked, in which case, i'm happy to share my exremely opinionated positions

10-i'm not an actor, i just play one on message boards. actually, as previously mentioned, i'm an attorney (land use/environmental)... it's your own fault for not banning my kind.

11 - wait... i could have ignored all that? NEVERMIND THEN

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

Welcome, jojo! May your stay here at the boardello be a fun one.

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
jojo

thank you lib!

and, i just realized a pretty bad grammar mistake in my post. oh well Wink

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

Hi, Jojo. Smile

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kianu

Velcome, velcome!!

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

Hallo hallo

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nevermore26

Welcome!

Nevermore...

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
demophobe

I'm new to the board also, but not new to the books, also. How's that for grammatics???

I also have a lot of pets:
cats, dogs, snake, lizard, rats, guinea pig, fish, and three monkeys (well, technically they are my children, but generally speaking they tend to act like monkeys, which we strongly encourage)

What is the wrong way to spell Jody?

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Hello!

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sgt_steve

Official Welcome Post  Reply with quote  

Greetings, Noob. I . . . uh . . . well damn, you've saved me a lot of work. Good job!

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jojo

demophobe wrote:
I'm new to the board also, but not new to the books, also. How's that for grammatics???

I also have a lot of pets:
cats, dogs, snake, lizard, rats, guinea pig, fish, and three monkeys (well, technically they are my children, but generally speaking they tend to act like monkeys, which we strongly encourage)

What is the wrong way to spell Jody?

you have me beat! i have two cats (but they think they're puppies), bearded dragon, chinchilla, fish, husband.

my entire life, i have gotten "jodi" or "jodie"... with the "y" it's typically a masculine spelling (or at least was when it was a more popular masculine name!)

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tal

Mmmm compliant noobie.

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lib

I like jojo's avatar.

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jojo

Lib wrote:
I like jojo's avatar.

thank you! it's a self portrait Wink

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

welcome... and in case you were wondering... yes, I am as hot as you may have heard...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: