Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

The beta and you!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Grey

The beta and you!  Reply with quote  

First of all, men are naturally simplistic, so we must take a moment to appreciate the beta male population and their patience,"understanding" and warmth to the complex.mysterious and ever changing world that is WOMEN.I also think that the fact that beta males can also be misconceived as gay(oh yes it is true)must be brought to attention.
Being a woman well experienced in the field of dating, I now realize that half of the men i over looked (i.e. close male friends/people i should have been with)were not gay and were in fact a match made in heaven for me.

So the first question is are women under appreciating and over looking the benefits of a beta male? :?:

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demophobe

As a woman who has NEVER wanted an alpha male, I would say I think it is the case that women overlook the betas on a regular basis.

I am married to a beta, have been with him for 15 years, and it's great.

Oddly, you are correct, he has been mistaken for being gay. But as he puts it, he KNOWS he doesn't want to wake up to a big, hairy, man-ass so he's sure he's not gay.

I'm pretty sure my parents are still waiting for him to come out of the closet though.

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey

Question two!  Reply with quote  

Ahh thank you for proving my point,as sad as the truth maybe. But this is only one example, think of all the poor beta males still getting dirty looks from their male co-workers for that one time that Intern Arron said that they "totaly checked me out." Yes sad,true,terrible,but there is a solution! Which brings me to question 2:How to identify a true beta male?
Demophobe, how did you come across your beta "man" if I may ask?

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demophobe

Re: Question two!  Reply with quote  

Grey wrote:
Ahh thank you for proving my point,as sad as the truth maybe. But this is only one example, think of all the poor beta males still getting dirty looks from their male co-workers for that one time that Intern Arron said that they "totaly checked me out." Yes sad,true,terrible,but there is a solution! Which brings me to question 2:How to identify a true beta male?
Demophobe, how did you come across your beta "man" if I may ask?

Yes, that is unfortunate. Unrealistic expectations and fear. That's what the problem is, in my opinion. Or the problemS if you want to be technical since I did name two things.

As for how I came across my beta, you may ask and I will tell.

I was 17, he was 19. It was the first day of attending college classes, for both of us. He was in a music class with some people I'd gone to high school with and afterward they were sitting on the quad together. I walked up to talk to the people I knew, they introduced me and we've been inseparable ever since (it's been 15 years this month, WOO HOO!). But then again, I'd always liked the oddball guys, skaters, punks, nerds even. So maybe there's something about me that digs the beta. I don't know.

I about died laughing when I read A Dirty Job and the descriptions of betas. It was like he KNEW my husband personally.

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coypup

betas rock  Reply with quote  

In hindsight, I think I've dated two omegas in the past. Betas sound pretty good to me. Or is that too obvious from my signature? Rolling Eyes

Btw, how can you tell if you're a beta female, or an omega with pretensions of grandeur, since betas, according to Mr. Moore, think they're alphas with 'stealth charisma'? Laughing

Post Sun May 06, 2007 8:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The_Eternal_Lost_Boy

I took the test in the back of ADJ. I got a very low score of 11 Crying or Very sad I got the results of an Omega male and the discrption was all to accurate. but I think I'm a beta at heart espicaly in terms of imgination and worry not. I'm on a 6 month program.

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:20 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: