Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

FFPF's Hell & Hot Chocolate Prize - the poll

What shall we do about FFPF's H&HC prize?
select one for him?
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
give it to the next in Line?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
fo'gedaboudit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
none of the above
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ginjg

FFPF's Hell & Hot Chocolate Prize - the poll  Reply with quote  

FFPF claims he doesn't need a prize for his Hell & Hot Chocolate triumph.
So what shall we do?

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
MrEMann

I say he gets one anyway, dangit Very Happy

Ok, I suppose if he REALLY doesn't want it, he could make a choice for HIS favorite piece in the contest and give it to that individual, or opt to give it to the runner-up, though I do believe that there was a tie for second place (I might be mistaken though), so a vote would have to be held.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

It has nothing to do with not wanting it. Everyone wants free stuff. I just kinda feel uncomfortable about winning something. I don't know why. I don't feel like I did something worthy enough of someone else spending their money on me. That's all (guess I do know why).

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
selenameir

Re: FFPF's Hell & Hot Chocolate Prize - the poll  Reply with quote  

Ginjg wrote:
So what shall we do?

Then he gets the thong by default. Make sure its used. Twisted Evil
I find a way to say that
life has just begun"

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ginjg

It's boardello money already paid out to us last spring. Months before we switched over to all proceeds going to Multiple Sclerosis Research.

It's been languishing there with no particular purpose as we've been mini boardello con-ing out of pocket quite successfully. Some went for the Shirt & Book of Robb.

It has to go for boardello purposes.

~~~~~~~

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
FattyFattyPorkFace

Do as you see fit.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

Re: FFPF's Hell & Hot Chocolate Prize - the poll  Reply with quote  

selenameir wrote:
Ginjg wrote:
So what shall we do?

Then he gets the thong by default. Make sure its used. Twisted Evil

So, I should send it to you and you'll see that he receives it in suitable condition?

~~~~~~~

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lynn

Beta Male thong? I know it doesn't exist, but for Jefford, couldn't we make one? Jeff-Jeff, pick a prize.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dawnavive

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
It has nothing to do with not wanting it. Everyone wants free stuff. I just kinda feel uncomfortable about winning something. I don't know why. I don't feel like I did something worthy enough of someone else spending their money on me. That's all (guess I do know why).

You gotta get over that. I have that affliction as well FFPF. I don't like people giving me stuff or helping me. Someone once told me it was because I have too much pride (they also said that wasn't a good thing).

No I say make him take something and make him like it and make him say thank you. It's something nice that someone wants to do for you whether you earned/deserved (which you do) it or not. Now take it before I buy one and send it to you!

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
I don't feel like I did something worthy enough of someone else spending their money on me.

I should like to ruminate on this.

You don't feel like your story was worth the prize? Consider that I vote for the AG and Nicole without reading their books. I vote because I love who they are. The same goes for you.

Knowing you can write and presuming that you can read...Did you not know before you submitted and that too twice that if you won you were eligible for market-place goods that cost money? Wherefore was your English then?

I would not like to have you for a male concubine. That is all.

Last edited by lisa on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

lisa, I entered for fun and no one was offering me to be your male concubine so, you know, don't assume.

Everyone, I will graciously accept a prize. I do not wish to offend, be ungrateful or too proud. I find receiving compliments and praise to be awkward and uncomfortable; accepting the prize just seems to magnify that...but in hindsight, maybe by embracing the prize-giving, I may learn to be more comfortable with the whole thing.

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dawnavive

Exactly. That's exactly what I meant. Sorry I came off so...well, crazy.
I was weird with compliments til a boyfriend said to me that, basically, it hurts his feelings when I don't 'accept' the compliment. He said whether I agree or not or whatever, to just say 'thank you' and shut up about it. People could be calling me bad names instead of good ones. So now instead of saying "riiiight" I say "thank you". It was hard the first couple times, now, not so much.

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

My wife's family is genetically incapable of accepting things such as praise, food and presents. If you give them a gift card for $50, they will use it to buy you a $60 gift.

It's painful to go to dinner with them because invariably everyone puts in $10 too much for the check. And no one will accept any money back. If there are 5 people, and $5 extra, you would think the logical thing would be for everyone to get $1 back. This is not so.

God forbid we have a family dinner after which there are leftovers...it's like armageddon. Things got so bad that one time the hostess (who shall remain nameless) ran after someone's car and threw food at it because the driver left without taking the obligatory bag of leftovers. Let me say that again...she ran down the street after a moving car and threw a bag of leftovers at them.

This is crazy. If someone offers something, say no thank you. If they insist, say thank you.

Now, do these thongs come in different sizes, or are they one-size-fits-all?

B

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:14 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

I will accept money, diamonds, silks, cars, gifts of land, stuffed dolls, popcorn, cognac, books, boardello'bilia etc from people I love, without a qualm and will do nothing in return especially sexual favours, particularly bjís.

Jeff thinks he's getting a prize he can embrace. I should like to see that.

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: