Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

The events leading up to the Today Show

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sara Leigh

The events leading up to the Today Show  Reply with quote  

CM, I loved the segment. Ann barely let you get a word in, but that's okay. You looked so spiffy in your jacket and tie, I almost didn't recognize you. There was a really bad glare on the book when they did the close-up. You'd think those people would know how to do that kind of thing by now, but maybe the regular guy's on vacation. I haven't checked my tape yet, but I'm hopeful that I managed to tape it. My sister called me almost simultaneously with the start of the segment. I answered with, "I had advance notice." She said, "OK. Bye." She knows when it's important to get off the phone quickly.

So maybe that's why Fluke was on the "Our Staff Recommends" shelf at Borders yesterday when I was looking for vampire books for Penny.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
smartnfunnyfem

Location: West Chicago, IL (about 35 miles west of Chicago to be precise)
Today Show blog  Reply with quote  

OMG. You should save this stuff for your next book. I never laughed so hard since, well, the last time I read one of your books. My boss came out and said, "What the HECK are you looking at?" so I sent him the link and then sent it to my sister and to a friend online and so on...I missed the Today Show but thankfully, I didn't miss your posting. You wore a TIE?! That visual alone is still making me laugh (sorry!). Thanks. Your trials and tribulations made my month!

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Hillary

I am THE SUCK  Reply with quote  

I missed it. I don't friggin work for months on end, like 6 or something, then I have a job for about ten minutes, and AG's on the television.

Damn it.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

You wouldn't have seen it anyway, Hill.  Reply with quote  

Hill, we don't get the 9-10 hour of the Today Show here. Regis and Perky are on instead. Stupid NBC affiliates.

Chris, congrats again. That is so cool for you. When our books are selected as book club picks, we'll go through the catalog and try to find something with the same price and page count that is listed as "out of stock" in our systems. Because they're so secretive about it they don't even tell the sales reps the title. We sometimes have to call customers to find out what book is in the box.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
DebiTep

Boy...did he take a breath in that or not?  Reply with quote  

Of course, I've been in the office since 0dark hundred this morning, so I missed it. I am totally bummed.

However, Chris' post made me laugh so hard that my boss thinks I've finally gone over the edge and am about to go postal and kill the brazillian boy who sits at the end of my aisle (uhh..yea, it's a long story...).

I'll have to see if any recorded it....

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:26 am   
John

Congratulations Chris!!!!

I tried to watch it but unfortunately I was busy with my morning ritual of coughing so hard that I throw up (damn whooping cough). Then, when I finally mangaed to stand up and my face turned back from the lovely shade of blue to it's more normal, pasty white complection I could only find Regis and Rippa. Don't worry tho, fortunately I had another coughing attack and passed out before I actually had to watch them.

Cracked up at your blog entry. It seems you got yourself into quite a tizzy over this. I think it is time for you relax. My advice is to call your doctor and let him know that the television camera lights have given you a slight case of glaucoma and could he please prescribe you some "Maui Wowie" to take care of the condition. Very Happy

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
smartnfunnyfem

hey wait a minnit....  Reply with quote  

...so you are the "lesser known author"? Hmmph! Nicholas Sparks...who's THAT?

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Robb

Big time congrats Author Kahuna! Wish I could have seen it. I've seen books by this Sparky guy and now I may have to actually read a few out of gratitude. Anyone who get's our guy on the Today Show is ok in my book. I'm still laughing about the whole appearance thing. Why would you worry? I mean sheesh, we've had that whole Death is not an option thing going for how long and we have yet to see you show up on it. Now if you looked like Stephen King maybe you could worry but really. Still think you shoulda showed up in the Hawaiian shirt.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hillary

Just watched the Today Show thing.  Reply with quote  

Damn. Did she let you get a word in edgewise? She cut you off a couple of times. Still. You looked and sounded great. We're all very proud of you. Hope this results in TWO houses in Hawaii for you.

*sniffles* Our little author is all growed up.

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lynn

Awesome, absolutely awesome! I missed the show, but congrats anyway.

So, like, if you see us in the hallway at school, will you still talk to us? Or are you just gonna hang out with the Today Show crowd now? Just wonderin'.

Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
smartnfunnyfem

I thought you were famous already  Reply with quote  

Were you tricking me or do I just have low standards? Embarassed

Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: