Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Another Newbie!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Read Again?
A++ thread, would read again!
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
For the love of God, skip to the Cliff Notes!!
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FirehawkNS

Another Newbie!  Reply with quote  

Well hello all, another Newbie checking in. Lurked on the site for a short while to get a feel for the old place and figured time to add another BB to my long list of time wasters while working.

A little about me? (*Cliff notes provided below*) The name’s Nick. I am big into Cars and computers (until it became my full time job). I am 27 and married with no kids (hence why I can somewhat afford to be into cars). I was never really big into reading. Once in a while I would find a book I like and wouldn’t be able to put it down, but I didn't go looking for books to read. So in keeping with the tradition of "opposites attract", I married a girl that not only worked in a book store and Library, but could and often would read 2 or 3 books at the same time (I still don't understand that).

The books I would read where mostly Star Trek books (being the computer trekkie nerd that I was). Liked some Dean koontz ("Dragon Tears" was my first of his) books, but that was about it. The wife following the great footsteps of many many women before her decided it was time to start changing me. I needed to change my ways of sitting in front of the TV/computer wasting away my evenings in mindless entertainment (basically I think she wanted me to learn big words so she wouldn't have to explain them, which I am happy to report backfired since now she has to explain them more often while I read Very Happy ). She talked me into reading a few books she felt I would like. She is quite good at reading people once she knows a little about them and can lead them to books that are right up their ally.

She bought "A Dirty Job" after having read all Christopher Moore's other books before it. After sitting next to her night after night while she laughed at this book I had to read it. I have never, that I can recall, laughed at a book as if I was sitting in a comedy club. Well, I am now hooked on CM's style. Recently I finished "The Stupidest Angel" and I am ready for the next one (I believe she said she was bringing me Lamb).

So that’s a little about me and how I got to be here (here as in this site, the Birds and the bees speech will have to be explained else where). Seems like a nice place to kick back and BS. Thanks Chris for the good stories.

Cliff notes
You were very wise to skip to this section, I am not a writer and I am sure the above is very dull.

Anyway, read Christopher Moore's book "A dirty Job", liked it, found this forum and decided to waste some people’s time (as well as my own) with my life story. I look forward to CM's next book as well as his past ones.

Some like faces to go with names so, the wife and I.

http://www.pewterz28.com

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lib

I got to vote first!

Welcome, FirehawkNS! You have a very smart lady.

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Welcome! <3 2nd to vote!

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MrEMann

I read the ENTIRE thing, refusing to skip to the Cliffs notes. (I am a glutton for punishment that way.) Very Happy

Welcome, have some pie and hang out. The others will be along shortly to interrogate, uh, welcome you.

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
FirehawkNS

Thanks for the welcome.

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
jaandlu

Welcome, FirehawkNS... Can we just call you Firehawk. I mean, why the NS? Does that stand for something tough like "Firehawk Not Silly" or "Firehawk Never Sorry" or something more gangster like "Firehawk North Side" or maybe something more mobster like "Firehawk Never Say" like you would never say a word about the business. Although my imagination can run away and it's probably more like FirehawkNS because your name is something like Nathan Stevenson or you are from Nova Scotia and you really like firehawks. Hey wait, shouldn't that be Fire Hawk? And what the hell is a Fire Hawk anyway? I guess I should do a little more research. Anyway... pie?

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FirehawkNS

jaandlu wrote:
Welcome, FirehawkNS... Can we just call you Firehawk. I mean, why the NS? Does that stand for something tough like "Firehawk Not Silly" or "Firehawk Never Sorry" or something more gangster like "Firehawk North Side" or maybe something more mobster like "Firehawk Never Say" like you would never say a word about the business. Although my imagination can run away and it's probably more like FirehawkNS because your name is something like Nathan Stevenson or you are from Nova Scotia and you really like firehawks. Hey wait, shouldn't that be Fire Hawk? And what the hell is a Fire Hawk anyway? I guess I should do a little more research. Anyway... pie?

Lets go with the gansta answer!! Ya'll betta recognize!!

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

Ooooh..cute AND close! I could do his stripsearch in person!

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Joelibris wrote:
Ooooh..cute AND close! I could do his stripsearch in person!
Wouldn't you need the wifey's consent? XD

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Joelibris

I'm sure she'd gladly give permission if it means keeping her hubby safe from Coulter infiltration.

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lukaret

Joelibris wrote:
I'm sure she'd gladly give permission if it means keeping her hubby safe from Coulter infiltration.
Aaaah! Coulter! Do it! Do it! XD

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KT

Hi, Firehawk Mr. Green You sound super. I like cars. Probably not as much as you. You seem to like cars a lot. I'm Katie. Or KT. They sound the same. Hence the name. That rhymes!!!!! Razz

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Lloydface

Welcome Firehawk. I trust your posting naked?

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
FirehawkNS

Lloydface wrote:
Welcome Firehawk. I trust your posting naked?

Well of course. It's the only way to post! Very Happy

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

Going to the signing in Charlotte in Feb?

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: