Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Taco Bob

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Taco Bob

you rang?  Reply with quote  

Since I ain't one to be burning a lot of bridges, I been having to do the day job a little still. I'm hoping by next week the last of the last of that will be done with and I'll be 100% without gainful employment. Shocked

In the Good News Dept: Been finally getting some writing done, I got more time to hang on the CM Board, and Key Weird, Key Weirder, and Key Witch are now all available from the big book distributor Baker and Taylor. You bookstore folks probably heard of them.

So I plan to hit the road and visit Barnes & Nobles and Borders around Florida soon, see if I can get my books in some of the big stores. I'll probably do a couple book signings locally this summer and already have something on the books for Nov in Sarasota. Hope to do some kind of statewide tour next spring, and maybe even have another book out by then.
Of course, if some fool publisher were to offer me a contract all these plans would likely change. I would consider this a good problem to have. Wink

(and thanks for asking!)

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Boota

TB, I hope it works out for you. Day jobs suck. Smile

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
silvermander

Taco Bob  Reply with quote  

Congrats TB!

I'm all excited now. Guess I know what I'm reading as soon as I have the $. I greatly miss living in the Keys and will read (almost) anything set there. So far it hasn't always been wonderful, but your books look to be right up my mangrove!

Good luck with the (hopeful) contract.

Ken

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Taco Bob

update from the road  Reply with quote  

Beautiful but windy day today for the Sarasota Reading Festival. Must have been asked at least a hundred times, "Does the parrot talk?" Rolling Eyes Bird was a big hit, tho, especially with kids.
Sold a few books and handed out at least 500 bookmarks. High point was a few people telling me they'd read one of my books and really enjoyed it. One guy today was giving my books the hard eye trying to decide, so I told him Randy Wayne White (#2 of the Florida writers) had recently read and endorsed Key Weird. He told me his favorite writer was Chris Moore, so I pointed out the blurb on the back and the guy immediately said, "Sold!" Wink

In two weeks I do the Miami Book Fair...

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Taco Bob

Miami Book Fair was great! Like Sarasota but even bigger with more perfect weather. Went to Key West and got permission to set up and sell books out on Mallory Square for the Sunset Celebration. The local performers and merchants were great and made Taco Bird and myself feel welcome.

This pic is the only time I sat down all day in Miami.

(and yes, that's a rubber shark on my hat)

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Taco Bob

Gracie, What you're wanting to do sounds a whole lot different from the seat-of-your-pants stuff like I'm doing. If the academic press don't pan out you might want to check some similar books to find out who published them and give 'em a holler.
If you decide to go it yourself, just find some printers on the net or local and get some info and prices.
Hope this answers your question, and good luck!

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: