Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Another newbie
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Moonshine

Another newbie  Reply with quote  

It was suggested that I make an intro thread, so here it is! How ya guys doing? As you can tell, I'm a AG fan. So much so that I've joined this board. Very Happy Favorite AG books are BSF and Fluke, favorite other authors include Tom Robbins, Terry Pratchett, the like. I'm an art fart and a book worm and a nerd in general. That's about it, I'm pretty boring. Wink

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
chris
Site Admin

Welcome, Shine. A few people will be in here in a minute telling you about rules.

That's just how they are.

Good to have you here. Carry on.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Katy O

1. What kind of pie did you bring?

2. Joe will be along soon, so watch out.

3. Welcome!

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:47 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Joelibris

Hi there! Just a few preliminaries:

1. Are you M or F? (Check your license to be sure.)

2. Did you bring a Key Lime? (Say 'Yes'.)

3. Do you use the terms "eh" and "Kraft dinner" any?

Answer these questions, and either I or Goudron will be with you shortly.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vgndoll

hi there.

key lime pie sounds so good right about now.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

The welcoming committee has arrived!  Reply with quote  

Welcome, moonshine. We're always ready for new faces around here, especially if you brought enough to share. This does not absolve you of the obligations for pie and such, but it never hurts to get on the good side of the welcoming committee (hint, hint).

You should start by checking out the rules and giving them all the respect they deserve. I commend you on already having found Who's Who, and responding appropriately. You might also want to take the Getting To Know You Survey, check out the pictures in I've been staring so long... the silliness in The Origins of your User Name and Another Questionnaire. If you'd like to tell us more about yourself those are great items to get you going. And if you don't, well, We Have Our Ways.

Restrict spoilers about 'A Dirty Job' to that specific forum.

Watch out for the pica stick, thagomizer and stubor. Don't drink the kool-aid (no matter what Joe says), indulge in the pie, and watch out for the pudding cannon. And worship the divas. Think of them as our own moonshine providers, but with better aim.

We're off kilter (and off-color), but mostly harmless. Except for HazelRah. He's completely harmless until he comes out of tharn, and that's probably a long time yet. And ignore Heather, who's just keyed up because I haven't prescribed any remedial nudity yet.

So - stack, strip, and start postin'. And don't make me call She Who Must Be Obeyed. She and I are getting together next week to compare notes on newbies, and you should don't want to be on the down side of someone who buys needles by the case. Big needles.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Welcome! Twisted Evil

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lisa

Hi there!

Great to see your horny self back Jeff!

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Moonshine

Excellent! Looks like I won't have to hide the crazy after all. Very Happy

Now, for the answering of the questions. The pie... I didn't know who eats what, so I brought Key Lime, Apple and Pumpkin. I am a female, and as for the key lime, no, I didn't bring the actual lime, but is a pie close enough? Brownie points cause it's a pie and it's delicious? And although I do use the terms "eh" and "kraft dinner" (the first moreso than the last), I am not Canadian, though I often wish I was. Cause, hello! Canada rocks!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! (And Joe, why do I keep getting warned about you? Smile )

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Joelibris

Moonshine wrote:
Excellent! Looks like I won't have to hide the crazy after all. Very Happy

Now, for the answering of the questions. The pie... I didn't know who eats what, so I brought Key Lime, Apple and Pumpkin. I am a female, and as for the key lime, no, I didn't bring the actual lime, but is a pie close enough? Brownie points cause it's a pie and it's delicious? And although I do use the terms "eh" and "kraft dinner" (the first moreso than the last), I am not Canadian, though I often wish I was. Cause, hello! Canada rocks!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! (And Joe, why do I keep getting warned about you? Smile )

You'll never know. As a female, Goudron has to do your search. I only do the fellas. Oh, I'd eepkay ietquay about ikinglay anadacay.

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

O.O

damn...

hi

I'm ROM

kthnkx bai

PS ORcas rock more so than canadia

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goudron

I must administer the strip search in case you're hiding Ann Coulter in any orifices. I thought Joe's pig latin was advising against licking Canada. I'm Canadian, and I rarely advise against licking me, but by no means is it necessary. If you're a minor, I will go to Dateline and turn myself in without further adieu. "She typed like a 20 year old dude!"

Either way, welcome!

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
UnimportantLime

There's a lot of talk about Limes in this thread...

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

But limes are nice...

But welcome Moonshine!

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
UnimportantLime

Lukaret wrote:
But limes are nice...
Are you refering to me? Smile

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: